Episode 35: The Warning

Start from the beginning

Nyima leered at him. "I don't like breaking it."

"You should try to be more like Ny, Kun!" Yen sneered.

"I do keep my word!"

I glanced at Lei. He's keeping his word to take care of him by leaving him alone?

"Oh, who are those drinks for?" Yen said, eyeing the makeshift pineapple bowl.

"I got them for you. Figured you two would need something refreshing after all that exercise."

Yen giggled as she took the pineapple. "Ahh, thanks! See, Kun. This is why Lei's my favorite brother after Shan."

"Well, he's my second favorite after Shan too."

Yen rolled her eyes. "You only got two."

"I meant sibling!"

"Stop arguing, you two. Or else I'll be forced to use my flames on both of you," Zelde said, stepping in between them.

Kun and Yen gulped. We had all seen how terrifying her magic could be. That Aida could even resist those flames was even scarier to me. Though, it wasn't like Zelde was using the same power she had shown on the boat. We were lucky that we had Wanikiya around to stop her.

"We should get going now," Lei said, staring at the sun as it moved toward the horizon.

"Yeah, Orcy said it's some distance away too. We don't want to get stranded at sea in the middle of the night," Nyima said.

"Wait, I'm going to go get Adela and Iah!"

Nyima averted her gaze. "Where are those two anyway?"

Hmm? Do I detect a hint of jealousy?

"Master, Sarah thinks you're jealous," Orcy said.

"Huh? I'm not! Why would I be?"

I glanced at Kun and snatched his mask away. I needed it more than he did with all the psychics around me.

"Hey!" Kun yelled.

"Nice one, Sarah!" Yen said, laughing.

Kun pouted. "Can't believe I let my guard down like that..."

"Not the first time, and I'm sure it won't be the last," Lei said, snickering.

The middle triplet grumbled before sipping some of his coconut juice.

"There you are!" Hikaru yelled as he ran toward us. He stopped and took a deep breath. "I... was... looking... for you..."

"Ah, that's right, I was going to show you the familiar ritual!" Kun said.

Yen clicked her tongue. "See what I meant when I said that you aren't reliable?"

Kun frowned as he did when she mentioned that earlier. "I guess you had a point after all."

His sister blinked. "Did I mishear?"

"I won't repeat it!"

She snickered. "That's not my aim. I'm just surprised that you admitted it. You and Lei rarely admit your faults."

"Really? I feel that Kun and I admit our faults way more often than you," Lei said with a grin.

Hikaru nodded. "Yeah, you do."

"Who invited you into this conversation?" Yen asked, glaring at him.

I tried to not laugh, though it was hard to not do that around the triplets.