Chapter 38

Restless | MelodyDay

Hinata sits and looks at Kageyama. He looked at the board he was writing in and frowned.

"What are you doing?"He asked Kageyama who now wanted to scream but stayed calm.

He thought of so many candies and choices but couldn't figure out which one to write. He was so excited and happy to do this but something in him knew something was wrong.

"I'm trying to see what candies you could like."

"Kageyama."He hums and continues to write as the others watch.

"I can't read."He blurted and the others started to laugh on the floor crying.

Kageyama gulped in embarrassment and sighed. Hinata frowned and then smiled at him. He took the board and took his hand to point on the first words.

"You can tell me them,"He said and Kageyama smiled and nodded.

"This one is a KitKat. It's in a red wrapper and it's chocolate."He said and Hinata's eyes widen.

His eyes sparkled and he almost started to drool. "CHOCOLATE!"

"Get me chocolate. I just want chocolate."He said quickly, to which Kageyama nods smiling.

The boys noted that and Hinata took the marker. He saw the eraser then took it to erase the whole thing. He started to draw which Kageyama chuckled. The boy got up and went to go play while Hinata continued to draw.

"Shouyou? What do you want to be when you grow up?"Nishinoya asked and Hinata frowned thinking about it.

"Mm, I want to be a chef!"He said and Nishinoya pouted staring at him.

He thought for a moment then his eyes widened. "You don't want to be a volleyball player?"

"What's that?"Hinata asked, to which Nishinoya sat there shocked feeling nothing.

He only thought of one thing. What had he done? What had they done? The dream of becoming the Ace, the best volleyball player, is over? He doesn't think about it anymore.

"Shouyou...that's what I am."He said and Hinata blinked at him then at the others.

"Then is mama and papa a volleyball player?"He nods and Hinata frowned.

"Everyone is playing volleyball."Hinata just pouted and looked at them.

"But I don't want to be one."He said and Nishinoya sighed ruffling his hair nodding again.

"Alright alright."Hinata chuckled and continued to draw while Nishinoya got up looking like he had a mental breakdown.

He looked at Tanaka who stared at him. He sighed and shook his head. Tanaka looked confused at his friend but sighed.

"What happened my friend?"He asked Nishinoya who stared at Hinata.

"I asked Hinata what he wanted to be when he grows up and he doesn't want to be a volleyball player."Tanaka gasps and looks at Hinata who smiled while drawing.

Kageyama bit his lip and the rest listened to the conversation. Some knew the two were being overdramatic because both are overdramatic all the time.

"What does he want to be?"He asked and Nishinoya went closer to him.

"A chef."

"A SERVANTS WORK!"Tanaka yelled and most mentally facepalm as Daichi decided to go up to them.

"Yes, we should stop him."He said and felt a glare to which they turned to see Daichi in the scariest look.

Hinata turned and saw Daichi. "DADDY!"

Daichi looked at Hinata and just smiled. He went past the boys and looked at him. Hinata showed him the drawing of a vegetable he tried to make. It seemed like a carrot or maybe a leek. He was so confused but in reality, it was a carrot.

However, the two were shocked by how quickly Daichi changed his face. He was just glaring at him then smiled so quickly, they were just shocked. They shivered through their guts.

"Is it...a carrot?"Hinata nods quickly smiling excitedly.

"Do you want to be a chef when you grow up?"He nods, grabbing the eraser to wipe off the whiteboard.

"I want to cook for mommy, daddy, and everyone."He said as everyone had an arrow shot through their hearts.

"Do you want your Halloween costume to be a chef? We can give you a hat, apron, and chief suit."Hinata gasped and looked at Daichi quickly.

"Really?"

"Yes."He held out his hands which Daichi picked him up smiling.

He walked him to Ukai who smiled. The practice continued and Hinata was goofing around with his good old friend Pom-Pom. Hinata smiled when he saw Kiyoko which meant he was going to be taken to cook.

The boys were sad he wasn't going to get to see them play but it was for the best. Hinata ran to her and she picked him up. She walked the stairs to the kitchen as he talked about his favorite subject. Food.

Soon they made it to the kitchen and was put on the countertop. Yachi put his dinosaur apron on ready for the child to cook. Hinata giggled and smiled. It was decided. They were going to make Soba.

Hinata washes his hands and starts helping Takeda who smiled at him. Hinata hummed and turned to see Shirofuki stare at him.

"Where did you learn that?"She asked her and he frowned confused.

"I don't know."She nodded and smiled at him as she mixed the ingredients for the sauce.

"Continue to hum. It's cute."She said and he nodded, continuing to hum.

After they cooked he hummed, making Kiyoko record him to send to the boy's group. How did she get sucked into that? Well let's see, she's obsessed with Hinata and she loves him. She always gets her favorite pictures from the boys so it's a win-win.

The other girls are on it too, but they have a separate group chat for both of them too. They seem to have gotten close because of Hinata which makes Kiyoko glad. Hinata was cutting green onions as she noticed he had gloves on for extra care thanks to Takeda.

As Yachi finished putting the soba noodle into the pot, Suzumeda started making ginger shrimp with Takeda. Kiyoko helped Hinata walk around and watched him die to the fact she was worried about him. More fact, she loves him and never wants to let him go.