Even now when I was so lost and indeliberately pushing everyone away, he never failed to show that he still loves me.

****************************************************************************

"Why don't you listen to me?" I hear Nathan's faint voice.

Removing the headphone from my one ear, I look at him questioningly.

"You are supposed to be resting." He groans and walking inside the room, as he points at the laptop in my lap.

"I am resting." I nod my head and wave one hand at the bed which has become my permanent place since last week.

Nathan unbuttons his cuffs and sits at the foot of the bed, facing me.

"I am not working Nathan, I was watching a movie as I was bored out of my mind." I sigh, "I won't lie I thought of doing work from home as to do nothing all day is not easy, I get frustrated." I honestly tell him.

I can't sit idle for long, it is like I have to do something. But now I am literally doing nothing, it is getting difficult for me more and more. Especially, when Noel demands something and I am not able to do that for him, I feel so helpless.

Once I end up crying, as Noel wanted to play but I couldn't. Since he loves crawling so he enjoys a lot when we play chase with him. But now I can't.

"I can understand." He nods his head, "But work is stressful, and I just don't want you to stress yourself in any way, not mentally or physically."

"But doing nothing is making me stressed even more." I groan and put the laptop on the bedside table.

"We will figure out something, but for a few more days just focus on yourself and don't think about work or anything." He tiredly runs his hand in his hair.

For the past few days, I have noticed he is really stressed, because of work and even because of me. And I don't like him watching this stressed, honestly working from home will not be an issue as I can easily handle things from here. I have done that before and I can definitely do it now.

But I don't want to add more to his worry as he will blow a fuse if he finds out I am working. So I will try to make him understand that I can work from home.

He places his head in my lap and closes his eyes. I run my fingers through his hair, gently massaging his scalp.

"You are tensed." I quietly say, "Want to share why."

"Nothing, I just feel you need me more and I am not here for you as much I should be." He sighs.

"You are an idiot even to think like this." I smack his head lightly.

"You spend almost all your time with me, even when you are at work my phone constantly rings from time to time because my husband keeps on checking on me." Bending down, I kiss his forehead, "You are the best Nathan, however, I will love you even more if you will let me work from home at least a few hours a day."

"Using flattery to have your way, very smart, cupcake." He smirks.

"Is it working?" I ask suppressing my smile.

"No, try harder." He closes back his eyes, with a mischievous smile on his lips.

"Okay, how about five kisses a day?" I pretend to think, "Will that work?"

"Make that twenty." He replies, without opening his eyes while I narrow my eyes at him.

Greedy person!

"Nathan, you are not getting more than ten," I say with finality, "Accept it or I will not bother asking you anything again and I will do what I feel like doing."

"Okay." He instantly agrees.

"Good boy." I pat his head.

"Remaining ten kisses I will have from you because I get what I want." He wraps his finger around a loose strand of my hair, "So twenty kisses it is."

Quickly, sitting up he holds my face and kisses me.

Even I don't mind these kisses at all.

********************************************************************

Thank you for reading.

If you want to know what happened next then please click on my Inkitt's link available on my profile or just click this link to read this story on Inkitt, because this story is few chapters ahead on Inkitt👉