46: Phase Of The Moon

Chapter 46: Phase Of The Moon

"Even the healing power of the god of healing, Apollo, couldn't heal the sickness of the young child."

Walang nagawa ang magkakambal na diyos at diyosang manggagamot na sina Artemis at Apollo sa di inaasahang pagtaas ng lagnat ng batang pusa na si Sun.

His temperature is so high and he's just sleeping for consecutive days. Hindi parin nakababalik si Maria Clara sa Olympus.

Inside the castle of Hecate, the goddess of witchcraft, crossroads, doorways, magic and creatures of the night, Apollo talked to her and asked favors.

"There are three phases of moon, there is Selene, Artemis and me. Why are you asking me a favor likethat when you can ask Selene or your twin sister yourself?" Buong pagtatakang tanong ni Hecate.

"Selene did the curse of the red moon and my twin sister Artemis is being worshiped by Selene and her husband, Ambrogio. I want you to help me Hecate, help me cross the barrier of the Demon's Kingdom and---"

"Anything to offer? Anything in return?" Ngising tanong ng diyosa bago lumagok ng alak at tinignan si Apollo.

Apollo should grant something for this witch because he's asking for help. Hecate won't extend any help if Apollo can't offer her anything in return.

Napailing na lamang ang binata at tinignan ang dyosang mangkukulam. "What do you want?"

"Hades' Cerberus."

"What?!"

"You know that I've been dwelling in the darkness of Underworld..." Hecate shrugged. "But Underworld is the territory of Hades and his wife, and I love Proserpina so much... I can no longer ask to rule Underworld myself. I just want to have the ownership of Cerberus. Can you do that for me?"

"But Cerberus is already owned by Hades!"

"Then offer me anyone from Echidna's monstrous offspring. Chimera? Sphinx? Ladon? Anyone, I want a monster for myself. If you give me one of those, I'll lead you the way through the dungeon of the demons." Hecate casted a beautiful smile to Apollo as she promised.

Walang magawa si Apollo kundi ang pagbigyan ang hiling ni Hecate. How could he give her monstrous offspring of Echidna?

"You really want Echidna's offspring? Why not the monster everyone thought I killed eons ago?"

Agad na napatigil sa paglagok ng alak si Hecate sa narinig mula kay Apollo.

"The monster everyone thought you killed?!" Di makapaniwalang ngisi ng dyosa. "You mean the great monster Phyton?!" May pagtawang tanong nito sapagkat hindi niya maunawang maigi ang sinabi ni Apollo.

"Everyone thought I killed that monster but I didn't. I keep him inside a very small bottle and let it live there for a very long time, I can give you that monster as a trade."

Amused by what she just heard, Hecate cheered and offer her palm for a handshake.

"It's now a deal! I'll lead you the way through the dungeon of the Demons and you'll give me the Phyton!"

Satisfied with the deal, Apollo flashed a smile and accepted the handshake with Hecate.

Sa gitna ng kanilang pag-uusap ay bigla nalang bumukas ang malaking pinto ng silid at niluwa ang kakambal ni Apollo na si Artemis.

"What happened?!" Kabang tanong ni Apollo sa kapatid na ngayon ay yakap ang batang pusa na si Sun.

"Inuubo siya ng dugo. There will be red moon coming, I think Maria Clara wasn't able to drink the last drop of Selene's blood. You need to go to the Demon's Kingdom before its too late!"

Hinipo ni Apollo ang ulo ng batang inaapoy ngayon ng lagnat. They already gave him all their mights to cure him but his fever couldn't get any lower. His condition is getting worse every now and then.

"Maria Clara is in trouble!"

"Apollo, kapag hindi mo siya napigilan o hindi pa niya mainom ang huling patak ng dugo ay magiging halimaw siya kagaya ng nangyayari sa tuwing sumasapit ang pulang buwan." Babala ni Artemis sa kakambal.

"Don't worry I'll try to cover the Demon's kingdom from the red moon." Singit naman ni Hecate.

"You should go now!" Utos ni Artemis.

They must save Maria Clara from the Kingdom of the Demons. She can't be a monster.

Kung makakasipsip siya ngayon ng dugo ng tao ay magiging halimaw siya.

----

"The red moon is fast approaching." Ngisi ni Philip habang nakatingala sa buwan.

He's leading the chained and distress Maria Clara down to the dungeon of their Kingdom where he prepared a lot of living human for Maria Clara to eat during the glaze of the red moon.

"Pakawalan mo ang mga tao Philip! Ayokong may iba na namang mapahamak dahil sa akin!" Diin ni Maria Clara.

"I told you Maria Clara, I want to spoil and satisfy you."

"I'm going to be a monster!" Hiyaw niya sa Haring si Philip dahilan upang umangat ang gilid ng kan'yang labi.

Nag-igting ang panga ni Maria dahil sa galit at poot na nararamdaman niya ngayon sa dating kaibigan na si Philip.

"I want to witness how you turn yourself into a monster like how you transformed yourself into a bat for these past nights just to escape from me."

Hindi maalis ang matalim na tingin ni Maria Clara ngayon sa Hari. Sa ilang gabing pananatili niya sa kaharian ng mga demonyo ay ilang beses niyang iniba ang kan'yang anyo bilang isang paniki ngunit hindi parin siya makalabas sa lugar na ito.

"I didn't know that you can transform yourself into a bat."

Habang papalapit sa kulungan ay naririnig na ni Maria ang iyak ng mga taong nakakulong. Mga taong walang laban, mahihina at walang magawa kundi ang magsumamo na sila'y palawakan.

"Claim them like their blood is meant for you to suck." Ngisi ni Philip habang tinitignan ang mga taong walang kalabanlaban sa loob ng kulungan.

Napakapit na lamang ng mahigpit si Maria Clara sa suot na kimono at napapikit dahil hindi n'ya kayang tignan ang mga kahabaghabag na mga tao. They are endlessly pleading for freedom.

Alam ni Maria Clara na wala siyang magagawa sa tuwing sumasapit ang pulang buwan. And now she's here in front of crying people.

She felt the blood streaming to her nerves, the blood of anger that makes her ache to suck human blood and flesh.

The curse of the red moon is starting to strike her and she can't do anything about it. The curse of the red moon is getting more powerful.