103 - Help Me

Thump. Thump. Thump.

I stopped, my blood freezing in my veins. The broken tornado-warning sound filled my ears. It was coming closer. My chest contorted with fear as I took a staggering step forward.

The sound changed. It was a high-pitched white noise. No variation in the pitch. I let my breath escape in a cloud of mist, scanning the forest.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

I whipped around, staring up at the trees. It was haunting. A slender, mummified figure stood there. Their legs and arms were disproportionate to their body. Their spine continued up to a pole, where sirens were. Three of them.

I couldn't scream. I was frozen.

I felt myself start to shake. A radio broadcast from nearby now played.

"The weather seems to be cloudy today—"

"Traffic is light on the main—"

"Come here!"

I turned around and sprinted into the trees. I pushed away branches, panting and sweating, though I felt cold. I heard its footsteps behind me, the sound going back to the haunting, broken tornado warning.

Slender fingers wrapped around my torso. I screamed, clawing at the dried flesh. It lifted me up to see its disgusting sirens. I waited for my untimely death silence.

Hours? Minutes? I don't know.

It was about to speak.

"The Fitness Gram Pacer Test is a multistage—"

221