56 - Just Brothers...? 🇰🇵🇰🇷

North Korea wandered the empty house alone. No one was there. South Korea was having a three-day sleepover with Japan, so that left him all alone. The house felt so big and empty, now that South was gone.He tried sleeping but that lead to him oversleeping and becoming horribly tired. He tried reading but he couldn't concentrate on the words. He tried cooking but he almost set the house on fire again. He tried cleaning but he didn't have the physical or emotional energy.

He was tired.

So awfully tired.

He had cried himself numb the night before and he had to change his sheets due to the dried blood. Thank God South wasn't there to see him almost bleeding out on the bed.

Here he was. Doing the exact same thing.

Then, North had the idea of calling South. He did so, letting his arms bleed.

"Hey North! What's up?" South asked happily.

"Just checking on you," North lied, keeping his voice as monotone as ever.

He heard Japan whine, "Hurry up!"

"I've gotta go, sorry bro," South said.

"Wait--"

"Bye!"

Beep.

North stared at his phone. Ho else could he call? The one that he would hear as he took his final breath. He wanted it to be South. He loved South far more than a brother should love his brother.

The next day, South came back home back, smiling giddily. North paid no mind to his brother as he continued cutting the vegetables.

"North!" South said happily. "I'm gonna be a father!"

North froze.

"I'm gonna move in with Japan tomorrow," South continued, getting something to eat.

North started to shake.

"You gonna be okay on your own?" South asked, nudging North. "Of course you will!"

North picked up the knife slowly.

"So, thoughts on being an uncle?"

North turned around to South.

"North?"

The first tear that shed from North in front of anyone fell. He looked sadly at South, letting his emotions finally fall through.

"I..." he croaked. He looked at the knife. "I..."

South hugged North, "It's a lot of information, I know."

North pushed him off, "No, that's not it."

"What is it? I'm your brother, North."

"That's the problem!" North cried. "You're my brother! It's gross to love your brother in the way I love you! And now that you're the father of Japan's child, I don't matter!" He gripped the knife and put it in front of his chest. "Don't change my mind."

He stabbed it into his chest, keeping his eyes locked with South's.

"No! No! No!" South repeated, holding North. He pulled out his phone and calling the police.

North weakly pushed South's phone away from his ear, "Don't... Cal them, South." He smiled gently and said softly, "Go be happy with Japan... I'll be okay."

"No..." South breathed. "I only did it to satisfy her... I love you."

North closed his eyes, "Grant me a final request and kiss me." South closed his watery eyes and locked his lips with North's, moving in sync like they were made for each other.

Until North's stopped.

South pulled away and cried into North's shoulder, holding him tightly.

He had messed up as a brother.

Now he must pay.

He took the knife his brother used and positioned it in front of his chest.

He plunged it in and it all went away.

He was finally with North now.

Words: 571