Chapter 6

Holden's pov

"Sire, are you sure you want to go to the auctions today?" My assistant babbled, trying his best to stop me from going.

"I've already made my mind up. Besides, I was told they have a new species there. A few homosapiens. No creature has ever seen one up close. I'm determined to buy one for myself, no matter the cost." I countered, putting on the tie to my best suit.

"Sire, it's just, those auctions can be a little dangerous." He worried, fiddling with his fingers.

"I'm king of the Leviathans, Cedrick. I doubt anyone will mess with me." I laughed, reassuring him.

I couldn't blame Cedrick for worrying. He was new to the job and didn't know the ropes yet. Being born from a royal bloodline, definitely had its perks. I was rarely challenged, when it came to ruling.

The Leviathans ruled over almost every species. There were very few exceptions. The homosapiens, being one of them. Nobody believed they were smart enough to travel outside of their galaxy.

I'm sure, there will be multiple species at the auction. Eager to see the homosapiens up close. I was also prepared for the bidding to get extremely high.

"Cedrick, I will walk out of that auction with a homosapien. I need you to prepare a room for it, while I'm gone." I ordered, fixing my tie in a reflector.

"As you wish, sire." He paused. "Sire?"

"Hm?" I hummed.

"Please, don't get into too much trouble. Don't cause a huge scene over a pet." Cedrick cautioned.

"I won't, Cedrick." I promised. "That's why I have guards do that for me." I gave him a mischievous grin.

"Just be careful, please?" He begged.

"Alright, alright. You have my word." I put my hands up defensively.

Someone knocked on the door to my dressing room, while I was adding the finishing touches.

"Come in!" I boomed.

A guard stepped in and bowed. "Your ride is ready, sire."

I grinned and clapped Cedrick on the shoulder. "I'll see you when I get back. Remember, have the room ready."

"Of course, sire." He responded with a sigh.

I gave him my best grin, before heading out of the dressing room. I followed my guards outside to my hovercar. One of them held the door open for me, while I climbed inside.

The ride to the auction didn't take long. We only had to pass two planets to get there.

One of the guards opened the door for me and I stepped out of the hovercar. There were tons of species already here.

"They must have heard about the homosapiens."

I walked up to the entrance, the guard immediately kneeling before me.

"King Holden! We weren't told you were coming today." The guard explained.

"Just have me a private room ready and there won't be trouble." I warned.

"Of course, sire." The guard intercommed someone and got the arrangements made.

Not long after, another guard came and took me to my private room. I sat myself on the luxurious sofa that was facing the showcase cage. They were displaying a lot of the regular creatures they sold.

About an hour had passed and not a single homosapien had been showcased. As I was beginning to lose patience, they showcased the first homosapien. A male, only twenty-three years old. He wasn't much to look at.