Chapter 32

Claire's pov.

I walked slowly towards the open field, trying to delay as much as possible.

"He won't make it in time. He won't be able to track the ship down in time. I'm going to lose him forever." My mind went into a state of panic, but I forced myself to push the negative thoughts away.

I stood in the middle of the field, waiting on the inevitable. As I waited for Sean to arrive, I got a call on my com.

"Amira?" I answered, after checking who it was.

"Claire! I couldn't reach Cal, don't get on the ship!" I could barely hear her on the other end.

"What? Why not? This is our only chance to-"

"Our father is dead," she interrupted me and my heart dropped.

"He's dead?" I questioned with disbelief.

"Yes, Holden and I have to get these chips removed immediately. You and Cal need to stay away from the field. I'll have multiple guards wait and attempt to capture Sean. Just stay away from the field, Holden needs you." She said through the com, but it sounded broken up.

As I was about to answer, my ship hovered over the field and slowly landed. A few seconds later, Sean got out of the ship.

I hung the com up, scared he would overhear Amira and everything would be ruined.

He walked slowly up to me, the plasma gun still in hand. "Where's Calvin?"

"He couldn't make it," I lied quickly.

He gave me a skeptical look, but bought it, "Get in the ship, Claire. We don't have much time."

I slowly walked to the ship. He kept the gun on me the whole way and made sure he stayed behind me. Tears finally spilled over and ran down my cheeks, as I boarded the ship. I knew there was no use in trying to run now.

Sean followed in after me, motioning for me to sit down in a seat with the gun. I watched the doors to the ship start to close, barely seeing Cal running towards the ship.

I didn't say anything to Sean about Cal. He waved his arms to get my attention and I mouthed the words 'I'm sorry' to him, as the doors shut and we could no longer see each other.

I threw my head back in the seat. The tears were pouring at this point and Sean caught it.

"Don't worry, you're safe now and we'll be home soon." He reassured, buckling himself into the pilot seat.

I didn't answer him back, it wouldn't have helped the situation. He didn't even know I why I was crying. I wasn't grateful for being 'rescued' as he made it seem. I was crying at the possibility Holden would hate me for leaving him like this.

The ship slowly lifted off the ground and we were gone. I looked out one of the windows down at Cal on the ground, until he was nothing more than a dot.

We cruised the galaxy, mainly in silence. It would take a day to get back to the milkyway.

"What did they do to you while you were there? Did they torture you?" Sean asked, after a few hours of peaceful quiet.

Memories of Holden flooded my mind. The way he would hold me, making me feel like nothing in the world could harm me. His smile that could pull me out of any dark thought I had and make me smile with him. His kiss that made me feel like I was the only person in all the galaxies for him.

I shook all those thoughts away, "Nothing."

"Nothing?" He mimicked, with disbelief coating the word.

"They didn't hurt me," I deadpanned.

"Well," Sean scoffed, "that's a little hard to believe."

"Did you see any marks on me?" I snapped back, looking at him in the pilot seat.

"I guess not, but they could be hidden." He retorted back and I didn't bother replying back to him.

I watched out of the window at all the passing planets instead. It didn't take long for me to realize we weren't heading in the direction of the milkyway.

"Sean, you're going the wrong way." I stated out loud and he didn't respond.

"Sean?" He still remained silent.

I got up out of my seat, walking towards him and he pointed the plasma gun back at me. "Sit down, Claire."

I held my hands up, "Where are you really taking me?"

"You'll see soon enough," he kept the gun on me, putting the ship on autopilot.

He forced me back into my seat, my hands still up. "So, what kind of money are you making here? Must be a lot, for you to betray the idea of you being a hero to earth by bringing me home."

"It's none of your fùcking business, but I can't wait to see the look on your face. I've been given orders not to tell you who I'm taking you to. They want the pleasure of revealing that information themselves." He smirked, enjoying that he had something over me.

We sat there and I looked around for something I could use to defend myself with. There wasn't much left in my ship. It had been stripped down to the bare minimum. Sean and I had the same training, but physically he was stronger than me. If I could get the jump on him, the surprise might be enough to give me leverage.

I waited for the perfect moment and it came. The ship made a noise, letting him know we were ten minutes away from our destination. While his head was turned towards the captain's pit, I went for the gun. Grabbing it, I turned it away from us. He was struggling to pull it back away from me and I brought one of my free knees up to his crotch. He went down releasing the gun.

I pointed it towards him, "Where the héll were you taking me?"

He started laughing hysterically.

"Do you think the situation is funny now? If you don't want to be shot, I suggest you tell me where we were heading." I threatened.

"Were?" He looked up at me, "We're already there." His eyes shifted slightly behind me.

I stiffened and quickly turned around, but it was too late. A big alien guard grabbed me, knocking the gun out of my hand. I cursed myself for not realizing the ship had landed somewhere, my mind to preoccupied with Sean.

"I had the timers in the ship reset. It wasn't telling me we were ten minutes away. It was telling me we were five minutes away." He grinned menacingly, "Take her to the Queen.

The alien grumbled and wrapped a piece of fabric around my eyes. I couldn't see anything around me. I was shoved off the ship and fell to my knees on grass. I was picked back up and made to keep walking. We reached a point where I was told to stop, which I did.

"I should have shot you," I spoke outloud, hoping Sean was still around.

"Finally," a female voice rang out and I knew exactly who Sean was working for.

The blindfold was lifted from my head to reveal who my real captor was.

"Surprise bítch," Vera smirked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've been in recovery from surgery so there was a big delay for this chapter. I would expect more delays with holidays coming up. I still love writing this book and will continue don't worry. Life just gets in the way sometimes lol. Anyways hope you all enjoyed this chapter and sorry to leave you on a cliffhanger. ❤

Until next time,
-calista