Chapter 31

Claire's pov.

The ride to Amira's house was silent. I tried to bring up what Joelle had said, but Holden said he'd take care of it later.

Once we got there, we started talking about phase two of our plan.

"We'll have to go to your place to use the communications room." Amira brought up, eyeing Holden.

"Why can't we just use yours? We're already here anyways." Holden argued, sitting on the arm of a couch in Amira's personal office.

"Father monitors our communication rooms. I hardly ever use mine. The last time I did, he asked me why I was using it. You use yours all the time and I'm willing to bet he never questions you," Amira shot back, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"You're right," Holden admitted, getting up from his spot. "We'll have to be very careful about this. We're invisible to everyone, but Cal and Claire are not. It's going to be a little hard sneaking them in and out." Holden explained, looking over at me.

"We don't have to go," Cal chipped in.

"What are you talking about? Claire is the main piece of this plan. We need her voice, or this won't work." Holden retorted.

"You can just call her on the com. I can give you the ship's communication number. Keep Claire and I on a call and once Sean answers, put the com up to whatever you use to talk." Cal explained with a smirk, knowing his plan was good.

"There's no guarantee we could get back here in time. We don't know how far off he is. Even your earth ship is faster than our hovers. What if he gets here before we can get back?" Holden tried to maintain his composure, but I could tell he was panicking.

I walked up to him and put a hand on either cheek, making him look at me. "Hey, it's going to be okay. You'll make it back in time."

He placed his hand on one of mine, keeping it in place on his cheek and sighing. "Alright, as soon as we connect you with sean we're leaving and heading back here. That should give us a little head start."

I nodded my head, my hand slipping from his cheek as he stood up. He bent his head down and pressed his lips to mine. It was a gentle and quick kiss. Shocked, I pushed him away and looked at Amira and Cal.

Cal put his hands up, "We already know you're both into each other. Besides, we're not exactly in a position to judge." He pulled Amira close to him and she nuzzled her face in his neck.

"Only difference is, Amira is in a better position than me. No offense little sis, but everyone doesn't expect better of you. I'm supposed to be the next leader, after father passes. That's why I could never be with Claire fully the way I want. Unless, we do manage to find the Queen and Princess." Holden gave me a half smile that was hiding some sadness.

"Well, let's not waste time then." Amira spoke up, after giving Cal a kiss. "Are you ready to do this?" She looked at Holden.

He nodded and gave me another quick kiss, standing up from his seat and removing my hands from his face.

"Here," Amira grabbed my com and typed something in it, "these are the coordinates to my house. You know, to tell Sean. There's also a large field not too far from my house. Cal knows where it's at. Tell him to pick you up there. We want this to be believable."

I nodded in response. They left Cal and I in the office by ourselves. The wait was going to be excruciating.

"I'm going to go check on my Zivel. Would you like to walk with me?" I offered to Cal, who was messing with something on Amira's desk.