Chapter 3

I woke up and recalled everything that happened the previous night. I still couldn't believe Davonte was right about Sean. I reached across my bed and picked up my phone.

6 new messages.

All of them were from Sean, blowing my phone up over Davonte. I blocked his number, but kept all of the messages.

I lazily made my way to my bathroom. Looking in the mirror was a bad idea. My hair was an absolute wreck and I had bags under my eyes. I checked the clock on the wall, it was only eight in the morning.

"I have plenty of time to take a shower and get to the station by noon."

I hopped in and out of the shower, putting on some regular clothes when I got out. I knew there was no point in dressing up. Since, I would be changing into a suit when I got there.

I put on some concealer for the bags under my eyes. I definitely didn't want to appear on camera with those. As I was doing some finishings touches, my phone started ringing.

"Davonte, what's up?" I answered, putting on a little lip gloss.

"Your dad is on tv, right now. You need to turn it on." Davonte said, sounding frantic.  

I walked into my living room and turned the tv on. My dad was standing before a crowd, answering some questions.

Sir, what made you change the crew to the new galaxy?

I just feel that my daughter would be safer, if one of my trusted bodyguards went with her.

"What is he talking about?" I asked into the phone.

"He's replaced me on the ship with Sean." Davonte fumed.

"I'm not going to let him do this. I'll talk to my dad at the station. I'm going to fix this. I'll meet you at the station. I hung the phone up and finished getting ready.

I got to the station by eleven. I showed she security guard my badge and he let me through. My father wasn't here yet, so I talked to some of the NASA team.

"Everything look good?" I asked, looking up at the rocket in the distance.

"Yeah, you should be good to go. We checked for any debris in the atmosphere and didn't find any." One of the guys, I think his name was Graig, said.

"That's great." I trailed off, as I spotted Davonte pull up.

I ran over to him, as he got out of his car. He looked like he didn't get any sleep last night. His black hair was in disarray and his light green eyes were bloodshot.

"Hey, everything is going to be fine. As soon as my dad gets here, I'm going to talk to him." I reassured him.

He just shrugged his shoulders and walked towards the station. I crossed my arms in front of my chest, letting out a long sigh. Calvin pulled up, blaring his rock music and I went over to his car. He rolled down his window, so I could talk to him.

"Did you hear what happened?" I placed my hand over my eyes, blocking out the sun.

"Yeah, it's complete bullshït. Sean doesn't even know how to work any of the equipment." Calvin said, shutting off his car.

"Well, I'm going to talk to my dad about everything. Davonte is in the station, if you want to go ahead and go in. I'm going to wait here." I told him.

He nodded and walked that way. I waited for about thirty minutes and my dad finally showed. He got out of his car and smiled at me.

"Good morning, sweetie. Are you ready to make history?" He asked, walking towards the station.