Chapter 60

Time Capsule 

Chapter 60

*

*

Niall...

"Niall!"

I glanced around towards the sound of her voice.

Where am I?

All I could see was a huge field of tall grass in front of me, that went on for miles, and when I say tall, I mean the tall stalks of grass that are human height. I had to stand on my tiptoe's to see over it.

"Niiiiaaaallll..." I heard her sweet voice sing out again, followed by her distinct giggle.

"Annabelle," I scanned my surroundings again, "where are you?"

"Come find me!" She giggled.

It was strange. It sounded like she was close by, but the echo made it seem like she was at a distance too. I started to push through the thick grass. I guess the field wasn't as big as I thought because within a minute, I was crossing into a line of trees that appeared out of nowhere. I turned around to look back at the field, but it was gone and I was just in the middle of thick woods.

"That's weird." I murmured. 

"Niall!" She called out again. I quickly turned towards the voice, and saw the end of a white dress dart behind some trees.

That's her.

I started to run towards her. "Annabelle, I see you!" I teased to coax her from behind the tree.

I heard her giggle before she stepped out. "I'm here, Niall." She beamed a stunning smile at me. I glanced down at her beautiful white dress. It was long, flowing, and almost angelic like.

I was about to compliment the beautiful piece of clothing, but she stepped back behind the tree before I could. I playfully rolled my eyes at her silly nature. "Annabelle, come on. I know you're there." I mocked.

"GOTCHA!" I yelled as I jumped behind the tree. But my playful smile turned into a frown.

She's not here.

"Annabelle? Annabelle, where'd you go?"

It was still a nice lighting outside from the setting sun, but something about the air suddenly seemed thick. "Alright, Annabelle. Come on, game's over. Let's go." I was starting to feel really heavy and sick for some reason, and I had no idea why.

"Niall!" She called out again, but this time, the tone in her voice was more urgent than playful.

I heard a scream follow. Her scream.

I started running towards the scream, and before I knew it, my foot got caught. I looked down, confused, to see a hole in the ground. I looked around and noticed that I had ended up by the lake in the middle of the woods.

Our spot.

This was the hole that the box was dug up from.

"NIALL!" She screamed again.

I shot my head towards the direction I heard her from.

The water.

"Annabelle!" I shrieked. There was a body floating in the water. It was her. Her brown hair was mopped up in the water. Her white dress had been torn off on the bottom, making it short. It was all ripped, and covered in dirt. There were blood stains all over it as well.