Chapter 27

Time Capsule

Chapter 27

*

*

Annabelle...

Monday dreadfully rolled around. To say I was nervous would be a huge understatement. I was terrified. I didn't want to face the school after what happened on Friday. I was also really worried for Niall.

I didn't know what he was going to do when he came across them. I mean, they were his 'friends' and now he was going to be turning on them and they won't understand why. I didn't want him getting into any kind of trouble.

I glanced over at him. He looked a little nervous too. But I could tell most of his nerves were directed at what was gonna happen to me. "You ready?" I asked him, unsure if I was ready myself.

He simply nodded and grabbed my arm to help me up the stairs. When we walked through the main doors, I was very relieved that the papers had been swept away. But that didn't mean that the memory and impact of them was.

Our lockers were on opposite sides of the school, so that meant we'd have to separate. Funny how just a few days ago, I was terrified to see him in school. Now, I was terrified to leave his side.

"I'll see you in fourth hour, alright? If anyone tries anything on you, you text me right away and I'll come and find you." He said in a stern yet gentle voice.

"I will. I'll see you later." I nodded at him and gave him a quick hug before he left. I started to walk quickly down the hall, towards my locker. I heard a lot of things being shouted at me but I simply ignored them. When I reached Melanie, she pulled me in for a big hug. 

"Hey you! Where have ya been? You like disappeared on me for the weekend."

"Yeah, I-"

"Morning guys!" I was cut off from telling Melanie about Niall when Brooke politely greeted us as she passed by.

"Morning!" We both simultaneously chirped back.

"So, you'll never guess what finally happened this weekend!" I exclaimed happily.

"What?" She asked, surprise evident in her voice at my joyful aura.

"Me and Ni-" I was cut off as the bell rang. We both groaned. "Ugh, I'll tell you at lunch." 

We sped over to our first class. She spent the whole lesson nagging me to tell her what I was so excited about, but I told her I didn't want anyone to over hear us. Telling her in the loud cafeteria was the better option to me. 

After that, the next two classes dragged by, and then I got to see Niall. He asked me if I was okay or if anyone had bothered me today, which I responded no to. We sat next to each other in the seats that I hated before, but now found them convenient.

That class finished, and lunch came. I was excited to have Niall sit with me at lunch and to tell Melanie. I was also nervous though, cause they were in lunch and Niall said he hadn't had his classes with them or seen them yet. So I was really hoping there wouldn't be some kind of encounter.

I plopped my tray down on the table and glanced around the cafeteria for Niall.

"Alright missy. Tell me this exciting news, now." Melanie demanded eagerly.

I was about to open my mouth when I felt hands on my shoulders. "Hello ladies." I looked up to see Niall behind me with a smile on his face. He sat down next to me and draped an arm carefully around my fragile shoulders.