Chapter 10

Time Capsule

Chapter 10

*

*

Another two weeks had dragged by. My heart kept getting heavier, and my mind got more clouded everyday. I still hadn't understood what he had gotten so worked up over getting called 'Nialler' for. I used to call him that, but what made him so angry? He surely doesn't remember me, so what made him snap? Maybe it was someone at his old school that called him that as well and made him mad, so he hates the name now. Who knows?

After hours of crying my eyes out at the lake, I just couldn't figure it out. Plus, I was still too scarred by what he did to me to even think about it.

Niall has been acting weird though lately.

For the first couple of days after the incident in the bathroom, he moped around and was kinda...sad? He didn't make eye contact with anyone and he just breezed through the day as quick as he could, then just disappeared. Then for a few days, the sadness was replaced with anger. He looked angry at the world, like he wanted to damage everything in his path. Every time he looked at me, he looked at me with such hatred, like I brought up some unwanted memories or something.

Did me accidentally calling him 'Nialler' really bother him that bad?

His anger eventually left, even though I wish it stayed because it caused him to keep his distance. Sadly though, the disgusting pig was back. It felt so off calling him things like that. Niall was always the last person I ever saw turning into something like this.

Over the past week, he's made double the effort to make me miserable. He didn't even have to put in any effort though. Just him being this way was making me miserable, even when his perverted ways weren't directed towards me.

For some pathetic reason though, I still had hope that he'll revert back to the old Niall. Even though that hope has been trampled ten times over.

And a really sick part of me loves him. I always have and always will.

I came to the decision when he moved away that I loved him. Right now, I don't love the monster he is, but I love the little boy's kind heart that I have hope is still hidden under there.

Niall's gone. Just freaking accept it Annabelle!

But I can't bring myself to. I don't know how much more I'm going to be able to take before I crack.

Everything's just a mess, and with all the problems with Niall, I always forgot I also have to go home to a hell on earth everyday. My dad had gotten worse, and I'm pretty sure I've been walking around with some broken bones for the past few days. I'm just too fogged in dreamland all the time to notice.

"Annabelle!"

Including now, apparently.

"huh?"

Melanie looked at me with an understanding gaze. She knew I zoned out a lot when I was trying to make sense of everything.

She got off her chair in the corner and made her way over to her bed where I was laying down. "Come on," She said, pulling me up to stand. "You've had a really rough month with all this Niall crap and everything. It's a Saturday, and I am taking you to the mall. You deserve to do something normal for once."

"Has Niall really only been back a month? It feels like a slow, torturous lifetime." I said truthfully and attempted to laugh at my useless joke tone.

Mel only nodded her head and got her purse before heading out to her car, with me in tow.

"Now, get whatever you like! It's all on me."