Chapter 68 (Final Chapter)

Time Capsule

Chapter 68

*

*

Niall...

She first went into a coma on June twenty first, and now it was August first.

It'd been a little over a week since Annabelle's birthday, and since that awful incident.

No one had mentioned it or brought it up, but I could feel a strong tension between everyone. It felt like they knew something I didn't, so they'd all get weird when they talked to me. I also knew that everyone was walking on glass around me, afraid I might snap again.

And honestly? I was afraid I'd snap again.

I'd been slightly more emotionally stable since that night, but my head was still fucked up. I was going to go crazy if she didn't wake up soon. My multiple emotions and personalities needed to be reassured by her that she was okay, and that she still wanted to be mine.

I hadn't really spoken to anyone either. I just ignored everyone, but I knew a serious talk was coming soon. Especially from Louis. I honestly did feel bad that he had to be the one to see me hanging off a bridge under his own eyes, but sometimes I couldn't help but wonder what would have happened if he had just let me go.

You would have been a selfish prick, rotting in hell, for abandoning Annabelle.

I used both my hands to rub my eyes. When will these stupid voices leave me the fuck alone? I get it. I was a fucking monster, demon, animal, asshole, and everything else they said I was! So couldn't they just leave me alone?

I shook my head to rid the thoughts for a moment as I laid my eyes on Annabelle's pale face. A little pink was starting to show in her cheeks, and the warmth was starting to come back to her hands as I grabbed one of them and squeezed lightly. The doctor said her breathing was also improving, and that she'd soon be able to breath without the tubes. But even with all that progress, they said there was still a small chance she wouldn't wake up for a while. Or in the worst case, at all.

I shuddered at the thought.

I reached over with my free hand, and dragged my thumb across her freckled cheeks, before lowering my hand to trace her lips. I leaned up and to kiss her softly, just wishing she would kiss back. "Please wake up, Princess, please." I breathed out against her still mouth.

I felt stinging behind my eyes, and immediately knew that I was about to feel pain in my heart. It was bound to happen soon since I managed to stay numb for days now. Tears started to slowly trickle out of my eyes, and I proved myself right when a hard pinch started to nail my heart.

All I could do was stare and apologize as much as I wanted, but it meant nothing if she wasn't awake to hear it or respond. This was supposed to be our summer. Our first summer together, as a couple, before we went off to the real world. We had so many plans, most of them hers, but I was so excited to do them all with her, to see her happy...

*

"You know what we should do?" She said in deep thought while she sat upside down on my couch. I smiled at the way her cute waves toppled over the edge and swept the carpet, and the way her legs dangled over the top of the couch.

"What should we do, Princess?" I asked with a light hearted laugh.

"I have some money saved from the years. After graduation, we should just pack up and leave. We should go on a road trip or something across Europe." She spoke in a dreamy voice.