..Twenty-Six..

"But Jesus looked at them and said to them, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Matthew 19:26

God bless and may He protect you all! We all have talents that He gave to us, we just need to find them! Jesus loves you!

I lay flat on my stomach once again because I had gotten used to it while my back was injured. Reading a magazine about football, I decided that I needed to venture out again. Maybe it could help with my newfound ridgedness.

Maybe it could put away the guilt.

Ever since Neymar had called me two days ago, I hadn't bothered to call him back. My reason for not answering the phone was that if I wanted to stop thinking about him, then I would have to ignore him but like they say:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

What they didn't say.

Whether you like it or not.

So the guilt that had been eating me up was making me upset and more serious. I liked the fun me, the one that lets loose and knows when she needs a break. That was me years ago, or even months ago.

Now I was just this sad person for the time being.

Maybe I did need a break, maybe I had to do something with someone else. Seeing the same fifteen players every day and talking to the same two people over text was getting to me.

It was making me slowly but surely tick.

I needed a few ideas as to what I could do to ease my mind. I had done quite a few things, but the idea that popped in my head was one that hadn't visited my thoughts in years.

My head jerked back and I furrowed my eyebrows.

A blind date.

I thought that the idea was just crazy enough to work. Picking up the phone, I decided to call Andrew. Even though he would question what the heck is going on with me lately, I was going to ask him to set me up.

Now I was slowly regaining that trust I had with him that faded instantly when he left our family.

Like I said, we kept each other grounded.

"Hello?" he greeted.

"Andrew, let me cut to the chase, I want to go on a blind date." I said to him, and heard nothing but silence. Then he started to laugh.

Really hard.

"You want to what? Go on a blind what?" he made fun of me and I pinched the bridge of my nose. "You haven't said yes to a date in over a year and now you want to be set up with one of my friends? Alana, my friends?" he asked me with reason. His friends were all jerks and players but I needed to clear my head.

"Yes one of your friends! I know I haven't been on a date in a year but I said that I didn't want to lose focus of my studies!" I explained.

"Wait, I know what you're doing." he coughed a little. "I know exactly what you're trying to do!"

"What?"

"You are trying to get over Neymar but it ain't working, huh?" I could imagine his face at that very moment, bottom lip pushed out, eyes squinted, and eyebrows risen. A face he made whenever he was jokingly accusing someone of somethings.

"What? No!" I defended.

"Liar."

"I am not a liar."