..Sixteen..

I knocked on the door and tapped my foot impatiently. Mel's neighborhood was a really dangerous one, but I wasn't very scared of it. I went on my phone and texted Neymar, telling him that I still hate the Barcelona team as banter. I heard someone walking towards the door, and a man, whom I assumed to be Milo, and a girl with a curly afro stood afar.

"What do you want? You here for Melody?" he asked me gruffly. I nodded while staring up at his tall frame, "Kiran, go ahead and go get Melody." The mocha skin colored girl nodded while moving quickly to find Mel within their program funded apartment. "What's your name?" he brushed his curly hair back.

"Alana..." I answered quietly.

"Why are you so quiet? What? Do I scare you or something?" he mocked me, and put his arm out into his house while staring at his phone. "Come inside, Kiran is finding Melody for you."

"I actually want to talk to Mel outside. I have to be a Camp Nou for the presentation-"

"Ah! A fellow culè, I won't hold you too long cause I gotta go to Camp Nou for the team presentation too." he smiled, and I saw a brightness in his brown eyes for the first time since he opened the door.

"Alana, hi." Mel said to me plainly. She was in nothing but an old, faded Ronaldinho Barcelona jersey that was two sizes too big, so it reached up to her knees. My guess is that it was Milo's.

"Mel...can we talk outside?" I asked her and pointed outside. She stared at Milo and he glared at her, snapping while pointing to me. Mel rolled her eyes and walked past him, hopping on her tip toes. Kiran walked passed her and smiled at me. She was wearing yellow lipstick that contrasted with her richly dark complexion, and knobby glasses that balanced on her nose.

"What's up?" Mel inquired.

"Um, at the club a few days ago-"

"I wanna say sorry." she interrupted me. "That night I wasn't myself." she said in a rushed voice. "I promise I'll tell you why one day." she glanced at Milo.

"So you're going to Barcelona's presentation right?" Kiran asked me with a smile. "I'm Kiran." she held out her hand. I shook her hand and smiled while Mel whispered something to Milo.

"I'm Alana. I'm gonna go with my two friends." I said to her curtly. She grinned with a nod, white teeth bearing in an all out smile.

"Well Mel won't keep you waiting cause we gotta go soon." Kiran said to her, and Mel rolled her eyes again with a sigh. Kiran went inside, asking Milo where the red and yellow Iniesta jersey was.

"So you came all the way here for me? To talk to me?" Mel asked with a smile, and I gave her a small smile.

"Yes Melody, and now I gotta go home." I started backing up with a wave. "See you! God bless you!" the taxi was waiting for me parked up the street. I pulled out a few euros because now I was sure the fair was doubled because Milo made me wait. The team presentation was way later tonight, and then the first match was an hour and a half after.

I decided that Andrew and I needed to get over what happened at the practice, so I had the cab drive me to Andrew's house.

Even throughout the silent treatment he had given me, something was off.

Not that I cared about his well being, as said earlier.

//+//

I knocked on his door, rocking back and fourth on my feet. It took a while before he opened the door. He stared at me with a grimace and I stared back up there with an innocent expression.

"Andrew." I said curtly.

"If this about the presentation, then we really have nothing to talk about." he said to me, and my eyebrows furrowed.