..Insight-Childhood edition..

It was the usual, too many kids outside of Alana's window. She woke up to the sound of kids playing football on the side of her house, and all she could do was roll her eyes and shout.

"Hey! Keep it down!" she yelled out of her window as the sun started to rise. "You see that? The sun isn't even up!" she pointed towards the sky. "So be quiet!" Alana pursed her lips and ducked out of the window.

"Hey!" she heard a voice mock her. "You're yelling at us." Andrew said to her as he toyed with the ball. "Lighten up and why don't you play with us?" he asked. Some of his friends laughed at that. "Or do you play games for girlie girls?" Andrew's pre pubescent voice taunted.

"Leave me alone." Alana ordered as she pointed an accusing finger at them. "Stop taunting me, I'm gonna tell mama if you do." Andrew's facial expression changed into one of amusement.

"Do it!" he yelled with a grin, kicking the ball through the window. The ball flew through the room that only consisted of a lamp, a clock and two beds for the twins. He loved making her upset because her reaction was always funny. Alana watched as the worn ball struck the lamp and it fell to the ground, shattering in the process.

"That's it!" Alana shouted in a no longer sleepy stupor. "It's Sunday and it's 6am, stop playing football when it's so early in the morning! This is not the world cup." she yelled loud enough so they could hear her as she ran down the stairs to chase them off. This was typical, minus the football through the room bit.

"Come and get us then!" Andrew shouted as he took off down the dusty road with his eight friends. Alana was fed up and started running at them as fast as she could. It didn't take her long to get out of the house due to its small size. "Nah nah nah boobie!" Andrew teased. "Guys! Count down to the world cup is 15 days, it is almost the world cup Ana! Viva Brazil!" Andrew took off at full speed while throwing up the peace sign with two hands. The road was sandy but hard as she excelerated, passing by homes that were smaller than hers.They were lucky to have a three bed room home, most had one. Alana ran until her bare feet were sore, by then, Andrew and his friends were long gone down another road and probably teasing her behind her back.

"I hate these boys." she said as she put her hands on her hips while she observed the sun rise. The sun was brimming on the horizon as she took it all in. Part of her loved the thrill of chasing the boys down the street as this occurence happened twice every week.

She walked towards the sun rise as the hot Brasil sun started to shine on her face. Alana smiled as she felt the increase in temperature. The hot Brasil air would constantly remind her of incoming activities. She turned on her bare feet as the dust settled on the ground with a smile once she started down the road back to her home.

She loved the walks back and often enjoyed being on her own for those ten minutes. She knew that Andrew would be back soon for his ball, so Alana knew that hiding it would give her always sweet revenge. Just watching him look for it would send her into fits of laughter and would cause Andrew's eyes to squint at her and for them to have constant arguments.

Every tine she stepped back into the house, her mother would greet her by telling her not to come in with dirty feet.

"Alana, dust your feet off! They're dirty!" she would yell from the kitchen. Normally, she would find her father taking food to go on his way to work, but she assumed that he had gone on his way already. Her mother knew that Alana loved to run outside after her bother, but she was constantly worried about her going off on her own. Even though her daughter liked being alone early in the morning, doing what? She never knew.

"Yes mama, just give me a minute." she would call from the entrance. Alana would ignore her mother's instructions and go right to looking for the ball. The radio would be on by now, blasting Brazilian music at full volume. She found it next to the broken lamp, deflated because of being punctured by broken glass. As she smiled fiendishly, she held the ball in her hands.