Chapter 23- the call

Hey guys before I start this chapter u may be wondering "Author-Chan why are u posting the day after u posted an other story?" Well u see my sweet sweet underling, this Thursday is global book day so in order to celebrate it I will be uploading a chapter each day this week untill Sunday then I will die( joke joke joke ). And on Sunday I won't only be uploading a chapter I will be starting a brand new book that will be a yander x reader. I hope you all enjoy this week because I will be loosing my head..... I'm ganna regret this lol.

———————

As the door to the room closed leaving Haruhi and Kyoya in the room the small brunette gave Kyoya a smug smirk.

"Hmmmmm~ I wonder why you and Hikaru were giveing each other such..." she paused facing Kyoya with a mischievous smirk "... loving stares."

Kyoya, not being amused, grabbed a near by pillow and threw it at Haruhi ... which she promptly ducked.

"Oooohhhhh are you and Hikaru in a secret relationship," she edged on smirking. She only did this due to Kyoya's change in personality. Since her new wonderful and amazing designer got there his personality was more open than his usual closed off, monotoned self. He had become more enjoyable to be around as a friend.

"I would never date that f*cking idiot especially when there's Y/-," he stopped himself mid sentence causing Haruhi to laugh and smile victoriously.

"I knew it," she exclaimed pointing a finger at him. Let's be honest living with Tamaki made him rub off on her a bit but hey gatta love the guy. Kyoya stood up and attempted to defend him self.

"Hey I didn't say anything about Y/n so you can't act like that ,"

"I didn't even say her name ," she stated smirking as Kyoya realized his error and pooped back down on the chair groaning.

"Ok fine I may have a ... liking for her," he admitted as he looked away a small blush creeping up on his cheeks. "I mean I remember how she was when we all first met her and to see how she has changed and grown shocked me to all belief." He started to ramble a bit as Haruhi sat down to listen.

"But even if I didn't know her before, I don't know just something about her is intoxicating. She has a strong work ethic that is greater than mine. She is kind and patient but is not afraid to tell someone off. She has used her past to fuel herself to a better future. She's so strong and I admire her a great deal..." he stoped starring off into space. He then felt a hand on top of his own causing his head to shoot towards the soft smile of Haruhi.

"You know I would have never thought someone like yourself would say words like that," she the scoffed to her self as she drew her hand back "The 'cool type' that used to have girls fawn for him back and forth is now falling for someone of his own," Kyoya smiled as he nodded.

"I guess so ," he stated with slight scoff smiling as his face was a slight glint of pink.

"Sooooo why was Hikaru even starring back with the same intense glare ?" Haruhi asked after a while of just idol chatter between the two. Haruhi had to admit that Kyoya was still more logical than Tamaki but he grew a little more sociable. Haruhi found it enjoyable to talk to someone who wasn't as energetic as Tamaki, it was refreshing, of course she would never trade Tamaki for Kyoya.

"Well I would have to guess he is pursuing Y/n," Kyoya stayed coldly with a hint of venom. Haruhi laughed at this.

"Wow so your in a love triangle," she patted his shoulder "that's rough."

Kyoya only scoffed at this as he rolled his eyes not responding as he pinned up some pictures on the wedding board. Haruhi stood up and stretched.

"I think dinner should be coming up soon, come on let's go out to the table so you can surprise Y/n," Haruhi suggested while laughing. Kyoya laughed as well nodding setting the rest of the pictures to the side. He walked over the the door that was already opened. He stepped out into the hallway, turned around locking the door in one swift motion. He then proceeded down the hall till he saw Haruhi standing worried next to Kaoru. The tension suddenly got thicker for him as he stepped forward. Kaoru has his phone to his ear as only spoke in responses. Kyoya could hear the voice of Hikaru on the other side of the phone and by the grim look on Kaoru's face, something has gone wrong. After a few tense minutes Kaoru's arm went limp as his phone dropped. The tension grew even heavier as Kaoru nearly muttered out.

"Hikaru's in jail,"

Kyoya and Haruhi froze. Kaoru collapsed on the floor in shock then Kyoya remembered. Kyoya quickly got on his knees as well and gripped Kaoru's shoulders.

"And what about Y/n?" He whispered out in a scared tone. This sent a shiver down Haruhi's spine because Kyoya was never scared or at least never showed it. All Kaoru could do was look away confirming Kyoya's fears as his arms droped to his sides as he looked down. He had a million questions but one was the loudest.

"What happened ?"