Chapter 14 - dinner

I rushed to the dining room in a calm-ish manner and saw the other people that were in the house were arriving as well. I awkwardly sat down in a random chair and stayed quiet not really doing anything. I observed as the twins sat on the left side on me, Hikaru being the closer one, and Kyoya sit to the right. This gave me a weird feeling like Kyoya was planning something but I kept my mouth shut. I ended up seeing a maid hand something over to Hikaru and Kaoru gave him a questioning look but Hikaru seemed to send him a telepathic message about how they will talk about it later. The room was deadly silent, that was until the door slammed open and a hyperactive Tamaki danced his way to the table and sat down. A calm looking Haruhi followed suit and sat next to Tamaki. It felt kinda awkward sitting with all of them and if you got rid of the fact of the past , it still felt awkward due to, I'm here to make a dress yet they are treating me like an guest. It was confusing for me to say the least but I let it be. As everyone sat around the table a butler brought in food which cause to rember one of the few happy memories I had of my childhood when my father was still alive. There used to be a butler named Tanaka. We was a sweet old man who cared for me in my younger years that was until my mother fired him.

I was snapped out of trance when I felt hit of an elbow on my side. My head snapped up and everyone was looking at me and Tamaki laughed.

"Im so sorry I spaced out did I miss something?"

"Don't worry about it you had a long day now what I asked is what is America like I have never gotten a chance to visit," announced Tamaki with eyes filled with wonder. The twins seems to share his same curiosity as the sat on the to the furthest right of their chairs to hear me better. I sighed.

"Well it's a big country and each part of it is diffrent, me personally I live in California, a bigger state geography and economy wise," the room was silent except for my words as everyone listened.

"But like what are the people like ?" Tamaki urged me respond to.

"Well..." I started deciding which group of people to start off with "... most people are generally nice and respectful and a very patriotic,"I paused for a second before starting my next sentence "however, I don't know if you could tell but actually from Japan and immigrants aren't always the most welcomed over there,"

"Wow your actually from here ?!" Kaoru exclaimed.

I nodded slightly "Yea that's one main reason why my professor even allowed me travel here to design as his ..." I put my fingers up to do quotations "... apprentice."

Tamaki seemed to be thinking to him self through out while you were talking and stated simply "So then, when did you leave?"

I was to caught up in the moment to stop the next words coming out of my mouth "oh I say in high school but I don't remember what grade,"

"Really what high school ?!" Chimed in Kaoru again.

"Oh well I went to Ora-," I cut my self off before clearing my throat and clearing my mind "I went to one of the public schools but I don't remember the name I mean it been -,"

"- six years?" Hikaru questioned with a hint of sadness included.

I felt my blood run cold a bit and I could feel the pure entertainment raiding off of Kyoya.

"Yes actually I think your right lucky guess," I stated my voice becoming mono-toned with each word. The room became awkward and dense. I felt like I was suffocating as I took the last bite of my meal, which I was eating while talking.

"Well I have had a long day so would it be rude of me to excuse myself for the night ?" I stated with a small polite smile. Luckily, Tamaki nodded at my request and I got up to head on my way. I walked out of the dining room feeling the eyes of everyone at the table stab straight into my back. As soon as I knew I was out of their line of sight I sprinted to my room. I gently closed the door and sighed feeling my self panicking. I quickly grabbed my luggage and threw it on the bed. I started to pull out pieces of clothing but then realize I was going through the wrong bag. I walked over to my messenger bag and started to rummaged through it until I found the goal of my search: a plastic bag with pull bottles in it. I headed over to the bathroom and stared to take out my anxiety meds and took my dose. I did this for the rest of the meds that I needed to take till I was calm enough again and sighed. I quickly put all the bottles in the medicine cabinet. I sighed and bent over the sink, staring down in the bright gold cylinder. I turned on the sink and splashed my face to snap myself out of my current trance.

Someone cleared the throat at the door way causing me to jump and splash water on them. I looked and saw it was Hikaru. I blinked for a second before turning red in embarrassment.

"Oh I'm so sorry you startled me," I apologized as I grabbed a hand towel and handed it to him. He chuckled awkwardly and accepted the towel. Once he was dry he held up a wallet. I eyed it for a second then realized it was mine. Out of instinct, I went to grab it but it held it higher out of my reach.

"Let's speak Y/n ..." my eyes widened as my heart rate increased "...Fushin ,"