"Sup" I said scratching the back of my neck.

"I'm not upset with you, I'm just shocked" He said.

"Yeah, I figured. I just had to leave for a while" I said.

"A while my ass, you were gone for over 20 years" I turned around and saw Lani standing there eating candy.

"Lani, can you let them talk" Alonte said.

"Can you leave me alone, and let me do me?" She said smartly.

"Keep talking shit"

"You ain't gonna do shit nigga" She said back.

"Both of y'all sit down" an older woman said. They starting picking with each other and left.

"So, why'd you leave?" He asked.

"I had a hit on me, but I did get shot, and since I knew they would come to the hospital to check on me, I had the doctor pronounce me dead to everyone" I said.

"But what about Macy?" He asked.

"It didn't cross my mind till after the fact, and I couldn't do anything then" I said.

"Well they'll probably be around still" I nodded. "Talk to Lonte" He said also.

"I don't know, I mean, I don't think he likes me" I said. I know I'm older, but that nigga is big for his age.

"Get to know him, he isn't bad" He finished telling me. "Talk to him during the cookout, and go to hang out"

"Aight, thanks" We dapped and walked out. The first thing that caught my attention was my mama.

"Hey ma" I said. She attacked me in a hug, and I saw Lani move closer to her dude. "Why's Lani acting like that?" I asked. She kissed her teeth, and pulled me in the kitchen, again.

"Don't worry about her, she thinks your father is a good person, after he hit me" She said In a attitude.

"Ma, don't forget, you used to diss Leilani since she was born, and dad got tired of it. I'm not saying what he did was right but you pushed him to it" I said.

"Well she's learned her lesson" ma said smiling.

"What you mean?" I asked.

"I had Eric teach her how to keep her mouth close" she said feeling accomplished.

"The fuck you mean?" I asked.

"You know exactly what I mean" She said. I pushed her away from me. Man, leaving was the worst mistake ever. Ma was always mean to Lei. Let Laysia do every damn thing she wanted, but Lei was treated like a rag doll, literally.

"Whatever" I walked out and sat by my dad.

I looked over at Macy who wasn't even looking at anyone. She was in her phone.

£Leilani£

I grabbed Alonte's candy, and he hit me.

"Stop hitting me" I said and punched him in the chest.

"Stop taking my candy" He said. I'm the one who bought it.

"I bought it" I said and sat next to his mom. "Hi mother" I said laying on her.

"Hey Lani" She grabbed a gummy worm and Lonte groaned.

"Chill mama, those are mine" he whined getting up. I grabbed 6 more, and handed the bag to him. "Greedy ass"

"Shut up" I said.

"Make me" He said glaring at me.

"Keep getting smart before I punch you in the stomach" I said. He rolled his eyes.