Chapter 41

•A Month later•

€A.J.€

"Amir, take the pacifier" I say. He keeps spitting it out. "Ma"

"Did you feed him?" She asks.

"No" I say feeling dumb. I grab his bottle off the living room table and place it in his mouth. He grabs it a lil and starts chugging it down.

"Ayden is sleep" Ariel says coming downstairs.

"He should be sleep in about 10 minutes, then I'm gonna start getting ready for the get together" Ma says standing up.

"Okay" I say laying back. Ma walks upstairs and Ariel sits beside me.

"I also slept on Tay's balcony cause they wouldn't shut up last night" She says looking at Amir.

"I almost called grandma to come get me" I say. Having two babies instead of one in the house is hard.

"Aye did you hear?" Ariel asks. "Maybe not cause I was being nosy, but from what I heard of ma and Aunt Ayla's convo, ma's inviting Aunt Laysia, Uncle Von, and everyone over the cookout" Ariel spills.

"Damn" I say.

"A.J. cuss again and I will wear your behind out" Ma says coming downstairs.

"It slipped" I say laughing.

"Yeah and I'll have my belt slip on that ass you cuss again" She says.

"Sorry" I say.

"Mhm" She says.

Dad walks in carrying grocery bags from Walmart with Leah behind him carrying a small bag.

"Mommy, is Meci coming over too?" Leah asks as she sits the bag on the living room table.

"Yep, everyone is, make sure you have your room cleaned" Ma says. Leah runs upstairs and Dad walks in the living room.

"The guys are coming over in a bit to help start grilling" He says kissing ma's cheek and sitting on the couch.

"Ma, my arm hurt" Ariel says.

"Did you clean it?" She asks.

"No" Ariel says.

"Did you A.J.?" She asks me. I shake my head. "Hand him to your dad and y'all go clean your wrists off" She says. I hand Amir to dad and Ariel and I head upstairs.

A few days back, Ariel and I got tattoos. We were gonna get matching ones but decided against it for now. In order for me to get the big one I had to pay for it and dad said it was the last one I was getting till I was 18.

Once we clean them, we head downstairs and dad points to the kitchen.  We walk in, and Macy is pulling out pots and pans and Tupperware.

"I need y'all to look in the fridge and grab everything on the list" She says pointing to a sheet of paper on the island. I grab it and Ariel start doing what we're told.

€Leilani€

"You sure about this?" I ask Ayla over the phone.

"Yes, at least we can try and be civilized, plus I wanna see the look on her face when she sees me" She says chuckling.

"You're crazy" I say laughing.

"But nah for real Jai, we're gonna have a civilized party and if anybody decides to get buck then it's on them" She says.

"I don't know" I say unsure.

"Girl hush, you know you wanna show off everything you got, quit fronting" She says.