Chapter 53

Ariel

"No, she new, and she stuck up" I say to Mila as I hand her her name tag. Gia got her a job with me 😋. Amour is folding up shirts.

"You ain't tried to get with her have you?" Mila asks.

"No...." I say. "I mean I flirted with her for like 5 minutes but that's it" I add. Mila looks at me like she doesn't believe me.

"Does Haven know?" She asks. I shrug.

"Probably, I mean we were broken up so it doesn't matter" I answer shrugging.

"You and Haven don't break up Ariel, y'all just get mad and ignore each other for a few days" Mila says laughing. "And I think y'all do that for the makeup sex"

"Eh wrong, now go talk to her" I say nudging her. She glares at me then walks off towards Amour.

I pull my phone out start scrolling through my texts till I hear the door bell ding. I look up and see Haven walk in. She walks up to the counter and looks at me.

"Good Morning" I say putting my phone up.

"I'm bored and I'm off today" She says leaning on the counter. She props her head up on her hands and looks at me. "What time do you get off?" She asks.

"3" I say. "So what you gone do today?" I ask.

"Your mom told me I could come to the boutique and help with inventory or whatever, and Raheem wants me to go with him to buy a car" She says. "I'm going to the boutique"

"My mom dropped me and Mila off, so you gone pick us up?" I ask. "For lunch too?"

"Sure" She says. "Your friend coming too?" She asks.

I furrow my eyebrows. "What friend?" I ask.

"Shorty over there with Mila" She says looking back and pointing.

"I don't know" I say shrugging.

"Hm, I might have a new friend on my hands" She says smirking.

"Yeah, sure" I say. A customer walks in and I call Mila over.

"What?" She asks.

"I gotta show you how all this stuff works,  come on" I say waving her over. She walks over and I look at Haven.

"What?" She asks.

"You gone move?" I ask. She rolls her eyes and looks at me.

"I will only cause I'm bout to go shopping" She says. "You want anything?" She asks.

"A Nike hoodie" I say.

"Okay, bye" She says.

"Leave if you want, I'm gonna snatch a track out Haven" I threaten.

"I'm taking my weave out" She says walking to the door.

"Then I'm just gone have to snatch a actual piece of hair out ya head" I say. She laughs and walks out.

"I'm gonna choke her" I mumble. The customer comes to the counter and I talk to him while scanning his stuff.

I click a few buttons on the screen and it tell him his total. Once he leaves I sigh and take my phone out.

"Today's gonna be long and slow" I say looking at Mila.

"What are you doing?" She asks as I type away on my phone.

"Cussing Haven out as usual" I answer. I add a few emojis and press send.

"Why?" Mila asks laughing. I glare at her.