Chapter 29

€A'Lonte€

I woke up to one of the guards jiggling keys as the opened cell.

"Warren, let's go, you're free" He said. I sat up and looked at the calendar I created. It's the day after Christmas.

"Aight" I said. I walked out after grabbing all my pictures and mail. The guard handed me my clothes, and shoes that I wore when I first got here.

I changed in a bathroom, and walked out only to see Jeremiah standing with another guard.

"I owe you man, ya lawyer did magic bruh" He said as we dapped.

"You good" I said. The guards escorted us to the lobby of the jail, and my mom was sitting on one of the benches.

"My baby" She yelled running to me. I laughed and hugged her as she threw her arms around me.

"Hey mama" I said.

"Hey boy, who's your friend?" She asked looking at Jeremiah.

"This Jeremiah, Jeremiah, this is my mama Aaliyah" I said.

"Nice to meet you" Jeremiah said holding his hand out. Mama shook it, and smiled.

"Nice to meet you too Jeremiah" Mama said. We got in the car, and mama pulled off.

"Where we going?" I asked.

"To your house, nobody knows you got out early, but the kids are at home, and Lani's at work" She said. "You boys hungry?" She asked.

"Yeah" Jeremiah and I said. Mama pulled into Waffle House, and I got happy as hell.

Once we finished eating, we headed to the house. We pulled in, and I got out. Jeremiah jogged up the steps but mama stayed in the car.

"I'm going to see Kasey, I'll call you later" She said.

"Okay, love you" I said waving. She smiled and pulled off. I knocked on the door, and Ariel answered.

"Sup brace face" I said.

"Ha ha ha, very funny" She said.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nelle pushed me off my bed, and thinks it's the funniest thing ever, when she finds out I poured all her perfume out and replaced it with air freshener, she'll know better" Ariel said rolling her eyes. "Who's he?"

"This is Jeremiah" I said as she moved. We walked in, and I gave her the signal to be quiet.

We walked in further, and the kids were arguing about Meek and Drake.

"At the end of the day, Meek got bodied by a signing nigga, but Meek got Drake's dream girl" I said causing all them to look at me.

"Daddy" Leah yelled running to me. I picked her up, and she snuggled into me.

"Father" A.J. and Tay said running over to me. They almost knocked me over but I caught my balance. I hugged em all till someone started yelling.

"ARIEL"

"What Nelle?" Ariel asked nonchalantly.

"Why does my perfume smell like air freshener?" The girl asked.

"Cause you pushed me off my bed" Ariel said.

"Nelly look, my daddy's home" Leah said lifting her head up. I turned around, and looked at this Nelle chick.

"Dad?" She asked confused.

"No, this is my daddy" Leah said frowning.

"Not him Leah" Nelle said. "Him" She added pointing to Jeremiah. Not even a second later she ran to him. "Daddy"