Chapter 49

Raheem in Media
*
Tay'Shawn

Today is Sunday and we have church. Geo's leaving tomorrow instead since her parents won't be back home till then due to a business trip or whatever.

"Dress or pants?" She asks looking in her suitcase.

"Pants" I answer buttoning up my Red long sleeve shirt. I dust off my pants, and fix my tie. I brush my hair and sigh.

"Tay, mama said hurry up" Leah says through the door.

"We're coming" I say sliding on my shoes. I tie em up and add my Silver and Red Rolex. "You ready?" I ask looking at Geo.

"Yeah" She says pulling on my Black Nike hoodie.

I grab my phone and keys and we head downstairs.

"Where's Ariel and A.J?" I ask.

"They left, they wanted food from Chick-Fil-A" Leah answers.

"Alright, we need to go" Ma says walking from outside. Dad grabs the twins' carriers and we all follow outside.

"Okay" I answer going to my car. I open the door for Geo, and close it once she's in then get in on my side.

I stop by McDonald's and get us some food. I'm gonna have to tell my mom tomorrow...probably on the way to the airport.

I pull into the church parking lot and park beside my parent's car. Geo and I get out and head inside.

"Tay, Pastor Gavin wants to know if you'll take Greg's place, he's sick." Daymond says. He's the pastor's son.

"Yeah" I say. He nods and runs off. Geo and I walk into the sanctuary. I spot dad's bright ass watch and led Geo to them. "Pastor G wants me to take Greg's place" I say.

"Alright, go up there" Ma says kissing my cheek. I hand Geo my keys and phone and walk up the front. Pastor hands me the mic and Father Jesus Spirit by Fred Hammonds starts playing.

The choir starts and I watch the screen in the back of the church as the words began to pop up. I look back at everyone and see Ariel, A.J, Haven, and Ciara slide in behind mom and dad.

Ariel

Church is boring, but unfortunately I have to go till I move out. On the bright side it'll be ending soon. Pastor Gavin is preaching and gathering the choir back.

Once church did end, like usual, mom and dad are talking to everyone. Haven and I are sitting on her car and she's scrolling through her phone.

"Give me that" I say snatching her phone.

"Give it back" She whines reaching for it. I laugh and stick it in my pocket.

"Ma said we can leave" A.J says sliding across the hood of his car.

"You gone break something doing that" I say shaking my head. Ciara gets in the car then looks at Haven.

"I got sour straws, you want some?" She asks. Haven jumps up and runs over to A.J's car. She grabs a few then looks at me.

"You want one?" She asks. I shake my head then feel her phone buzz. I pull it out my pocket and see her brother calling. I hand it to her and she answers it.

I watch her talk for a bit, take the phone from her ear and look at her phone. I start spinning in circles to pass time until I hear her phone drop. She just got it.

I look at her and I can't read her facial expressions. "Ariel, you mind riding with your brother until I call you?" She asks.

"As long you tell me what's up" I say.