Chapter 124

A.J

Today we're all having lunch to meet this girl Amari keeps mentioning. Some girl Mia used to date or is dating. Ariel's been gone for six months but I make sure we talk everyday.

I pull into the iHop parking lot and park. "So who is this bitch?" Charisma asks. Her and Amari been on edge the last couple of days since we've planned it.

I shrug. "I honestly don't know" I say. We chill and sit on our phones waiting on everyone else.

20 minutes later I see Mila and Amour pull up, then then Khyree and Amari after. We all get out and head inside. We get a booth, sit down, and start talking.

"We ain't never did no shit like this" Amari says.

"I wouldn't mind but not with this unknown ass person Mia got" Amour says and the girls agree. Mila looks at me and I shrug.

We all continue talking till Amari's head snaps up. "She's here" She says with a attitude.

"Wait, I thought we liked Mia?" I ask confused.

Khyree shakes his head. "She ain't talking bout her" He says looking up and behind us as well. I see Mia's phone sit on the table and look up. What. The. Fuck.

"Hey" Mia says and everyone just looks. Not at her but the girl she brought with her. "Um this is Emery, Emery this is everybody" She says then introduces us.

We order our food till this Emery girl starts talking. "So how do spoiled kids mix in with people like Tamia and Khyree?" She asks.

I look up at her. "Who you talking bout?" I ask.

She laughs. "You obviously and you knew that otherwise you wouldn't have said none" She says.

I look at Mia and she nods to her phone. I feel mine buzz and look at it.

Mia🧡: play the game how it go 🤣🤷🏽‍♀️

I text back a laughing emoji and show Charimsa. "So y'all just sit around and get paid to post pictures?" Emery asks.

"No" I say.

"So y'all parents just give y'all money?" She asks.

"No" I answer again.

"So my question earlier, what y'all doing hanging with Tamia and Khyree?" She asks. I look up at her and don't say anything.

"Ariel is the common denominator between them and them" Mila says pointing between Mia and me.

"Oh" Emery says. "Where she at?" She asks.

"Outta town making money" Mila says. "You ask a lot of questions, what do you do?" She asks.

She leans back and shrugs. "I just be chilling forreal, probably stay with Tamia till I find some to do" She says and Mia's head shoots up.

"You gone let her stay with you even if Ariel come back?" I ask smirking.

Before Mia can reply, Emery speaks again. "If Ariel got her own house then she doesn't have a reason to come to Tamia's" She says.

"You really don't know shit about my sister do you?" I ask.

She smiles. "She's a spoiled kid who gets paid to do nothing, probably doing that right now, that's all I need to know" She says.

Normally I'd be upset but I like when folks underestimate me or my sister. "Aight" I say. My phone rings and I smile. "Look who it is" I add showing Mila my phone.

"Hello" I say answering the FaceTime call.

"Aye, where you at?" Ariel asks.

"Out to eat with the gang" I answer. She gives me a look and I turn the camera around showing everybody then back at me.