Chapter 118

A'Lonte

It's been two weeks since the incident and Ariel comes by faithfully and Tay doesn't say a thing.

My bedroom door opens and I look up from my laptop to see it's Tay. His face still ain't went down but it's clearing up.

"What's up?" I ask closing my laptop.

"I wanted to apologize to you and mom" He says.

I look at him and scratch the back of my head. "Tay, we ain't mad at you, this shit is between you and your siblings" I say. I love all my kids but some shit just ain't for me and Lani to get involved in.

He rolls his eyes. "I'm not apologizing to Ariel" He says.

"What's ya beef with her?" I ask. "Cause you been had some grudge against her for the past year and a half" I say.

"She thinks she's better than everyone, always showing off how much money she has and what kind of car she's buying next an-" He says then I stop him.

"You keep saying that, but she works her ass off literally for all of that Tay, and half the money she makes she spends on everyone else, that girl has paid for Leah's private school tuition for the next 2-3 years, got your mom some fancy van she was wanting, and even got some shit installed at grandmas so she doesn't hurt herself" I explain. "And yeah I could've did it, but she wanted to" I add. "Everyone around here got money and everyone's works their ass off to get it, you worrying bout what the fuck she got going on all the time and look where that's gotten you" I say.

Ariel walks in and Tay gets quiet. "Don't quit talking now, apparently you got so much to say" She says smirking.

"I wasn't talking to you" Tay says.

Ariel shrugs and looks at me. "I came to get the boys and here" She says before reaching in her Louis Vuitton bag. She pulls out two stacks and some papers. "Thanks for helping Mila and I with the stores, these are the final copies of the paperwork, grand opening for Mila's store is tomorrow and mine is next week, moneys for whatever" She adds. "I gotta run" She finishes. She kisses my cheek and give Tay the middle finger. "You a bitch and I pray Bri don't inherit shit from you"

"Shut up" Tay says and Ariel laughs. She walks out and I look at Tay.

"You scared of ya sister" I stare more than ask.

He rolls his eyes. "No I'm not" He says.

"Aight" I say opening my laptop back up. "Since you dropped outta school and end up moving back in, go see if ya mom needs helps cleaning" I say.  He looks at me and opens his mouth to speak.  "You can't live here rent free and chore free, even Leah got chores, bye" I add.

He gets up and walks out. Soon Lani walks in with Leah behind her. "Soooo Tay's helping clean and we wanna know why" Leah says crawling next to me. "Ooh is that Ariel's store?" She asks.

I look at Lani and she laughs. "Well he needs some to do and Ariel took the boys" I say.

Leah pouts. "I wanna go with my sissy" She says. I scratch my head and shrug.

"Call her" I say and she gets up and runs out the room.

Lani looks at me and I look at her. "So, I want another baby" She says.

"Aight bet" I say and she shakes her head. "What?" I ask.

"I'm kidding, I'm done, but I do want a puppy" She says. I continue to look at her so she can continue. "A French Bulldog" She adds.

"I'll get it on it after I finish building Ariel's website, then I gotta do Mila's" I say.

"Since when did you actually use your talent for that?" She asks.