26| Try Honesty

A/N

A/N. Warning: this chapter contains maturer scenes.

The slight tossing and warmth on Sam's back awoke her. Samantha's body felt sweaty and she flicked out her leg from the cover. Soon, a groaning noise reached her ear, but the arms around her waist felt tighter. Sam slept on her right side, facing the wall. Ray rested behind her, hugging her waist the entire night.

"Good morning," a husky voice said near her ear as his hand traveled up her shirt.

Sam stretched back her arm, stroking Ray's thigh. "Good morning," she replied, studying the wall of the bus in front of her.

"Did you sleep well?" Ray asked and lifted himself on his elbow, glancing at her.

Murmurs behind the curtains appeared, and the coffee smell reached Sam's nose. Seemed that the guys had been awake for a while. Suddenly Ray's and Sam's bunk filled with light as shutters were torn, and a chipper voice followed.

"Rise and shine sleepyheads," James said, and leaned, poking his head inside. "We are officially in Brussels." He smiled, leaving abruptly.

Sam turned to Ray with a broad smile on her face. "Shower," she whispered. He chuckled, getting out of the bunk.

Why was she so happy about the shower? Well, when you live on the bus, a bath remains a luxury. There stood a shower cube at the back of the bus. But to use it, they would have to stop at proper places, and there was no time for that. Samantha's last shower was at the hotel, so it was almost twenty-four hours ago.

They ate, drank coffee, and shortly after waking up, they stood at the Ancienne Belgique concert hall. Purple Rain will perform in the primary room, which has a capacity of two thousand people. This evening, there will be a similar number of people as in Paris. Louis parked the bus at the venue, and they repeated the process of getting inside. Carrying instruments and clothes for the evening.

The building held a more prominent view than La Cigale. There stood three concert halls in it, a bar, a few dressing rooms, and other premises. The first floor stayed with gray walls and a tiled floor in front of the entrance, other stories were white with black details. The inside of the building remained white with brown and gray parts.

The group went to the dressing room, where they took turns in a shower. Sam got ready for the show, by dressing in the same outfit she wore to the club, that night she found out about Scott. Soon the band went to have a rehearsal. Sam, Gabe, and Adam shaped a merch shop near the entrance of the building.

Sam had time until the concert. So she decided to have some coffee. She started climbing the stairs, leading to the second floor as firm hands grabbed her waist, causing her to lose her balance, crashing her back to Ray's chest.

"Come with me," a familiar husky voice said in her ear as he caught her.

Ray bypassed her, taking her hand and pulling her upstairs. "Where are we going?" Sam asked as her breathing became hectic.