32| Little Talks

The next day, Sam woke up early and had breakfast with Rose

The next day, Sam woke up early and had breakfast with Rose. Her emotions remained a mess, not just because of the previous night, but because her book signing was that day.

Alyssa promised to come with her, and Samantha felt thankful for the support. Sam took a tray of food and drinks and traveled to wake up her sister. They talked little since Sam got back, but since their mother always lurked around, the talks weren't that deep. Sam knocked on the guest room door and waited for an answer.

"Please enter," Alyssa said. Sam smiled at her sister's answer and opened the door.

"Please enter, seriously?" Samantha asked, raising her eyebrow.

"I thought it was Amber, you know I don't know how to act around her," Alyssa explained. She lay in her bed and the phone occupied her left hand. "Well, are you going to come in?" she asked as Sam stood in the doorway a bit too long.

"Yeah, I'm coming," Sam replied.

Sam took a few steps and put the tray in the middle of the bed. Alyssa sat down, resting her back against the pillows. Samantha settled at the end of the bed, taking a cup of coffee.

"So," Alyssa said and glanced at Sam while picking raisins from the bun roll. "Why did Tom leave the house yesterday, soaking wet?"

Sam groaned. "It's an interminable story," she said.

"I have time," Alyssa said, jolting her shoulders and biting on the baked goods.

"He kissed me," Sam said. Her voice stayed uneven.

Alyssa gasped. "I'm shocked," she mocked. Alyssa motioned a circle with her hand, encouraging Samantha to continue her story while she chewed the food.

"So, I accidentally pushed him into the pool," Sam explained, and took a sip of her coffee, glancing at her sister.

"Right, 'accidentally'," Alyssa said and made quotation marks with her fingers. "So, the new guy wins," she added, and smirked.

Sam nodded. "The new guy wins," she said as an involuntary smile appeared on her face, imagining Ray.

"Tell me about him," Alyssa urged, glancing at Sam.

"We met at the party. His name is Raymond," Samantha said.

"Mom already told me his name. Is he hot?" Alyssa asked, leaning closer to Sam.

"Yes. Do you want to see him?" Sam suggested with a smile.

"Yeah," Alyssa replied joyfully, arching her head.

Samantha took out her phone. Exploring the photos Raymond and she took in Paris. She discovered Ray's photo, turning her phone screen to her sister. Alyssa looked carefully, squinting her cynical eyes.

"That's the vocalist from Purple Rain," Alyssa said with a smirk.

"Yes," Sam replied and laughed.

"If you are faking having a boyfriend, that's fine," Alyssa said. Sam parted her lips to protest. "You should pick someone less known," she continued.