23| Fly Away From Here

The group placed their luggage on the trolley which Logan got for them earlier

The group placed their luggage on the trolley which Logan got for them earlier. LAX seemed full of people, as usual. The place remained enormous, and they still had to find the other two members of the band. Logan volunteered to drive the wagon. Ray and Sam moved beside him while holding hands. They rushed toward the check-in island, and on the way there, they noticed carts with black boxes and guitar cases. Two guys lurked around them.

"It's performing equipment," Ray said, leaning closer and whispering into Sam's ear.

Raymond probably assumed the reason for Samantha's wide eyes was because of the number of trunks that stood on the trolleys. But she just comprehended she was meeting two more essential people in Ray's life. That felt a little too much for her. But when her anxiety rose, she glanced at Ray, and her fear vanished. It seemed hard to admit, but this guy started to affect Sam in an unanticipated way.

"Hi, I'm Andrew," a guy with dark eyes said. He stepped closer and hugged Sam. She returned the hug with one palm, as her other fist stayed in Ray's hand. "It's nice to meet you." He smiled widely, showing a slight gap between his front teeth.

Andrew Kerr was a bassist in the band, and he was also Ray's best friend from childhood. He seemed to be built in a more powerful way than other guys. Andrew's buzz cut looked precise and had one distinctive line above his right ear; his dark brown hair stayed longer on the top of his head. He had a silver eyebrow ring, which stood out against his ebony skin.

"I'm Samantha," she said, as Andrew stepped back and nodded. "It's nice to meet you too." She motioned toward another guy standing behind him. "Both of you."

"I'm James," a guy with gray eyes said. He stretched out his hand and Sam caught it, shaking it lightly. "We have to go, guys." James motioned with his arm and walked, pushing one wagon.

James Brown was another guitarist in the band and he was the most recent addition to Purple Rain. His last name seemed ironic since he had an abundantly pale skin tone. His hair also appeared almost white, only where his undercut started the hair looked blond; brown colored. The bristles on his face appeared browner, giving him a stained face look.

They all followed James' example and took carriages to the check-in island. Not long after, they were on the plane. When Samantha ordered her ticket, she knew she wouldn't be able to sit with Ray. Considering guys bought their passes a long time ago. So she felt surprised when Raymond pulled her to the seat next to him.

"Logan will take your place," Ray said as Sam sat down next to the window.

"Really?" Sam asked and glanced back to where her actual seat was and saw a black man bun sticking out from the seat squab. "That's nice of him," she added, buckling herself into the seat.

Ray took her hand, intertwining their fingers, leaning closer to her. "So spill," he said, Sam peered at him. "What did my mom tell you?" Ray asked.

"Nothing," she replied, staring into his dark eyes. "She mentioned your ex."