11| Numb I

Three days had passed since Samantha found out about Scott's dishonesty

Three days had passed since Samantha found out about Scott's dishonesty. She went through a lot of various emotions during that time, and today she felt merely numb. Sam sat on the couch, sipping the coffee, rethinking everything again. Linkin Park songs played in the living room, helping her to maintain a normal routine.

"Do you want a French toast?" Molly asked, interrupting Sam's soul searching. "Sam?"

"Sorry, no coffee is enough for now." She clung to her Slytherin mug.

Molly stayed with Sam for the last two nights. Samantha guessed Molly and Ray had some kind of agreement, he came every day and stayed with Sam. And Molly spent her nights with her, living in her old room since Mason stayed in Vancouver, anyway.

"During this mess, I forgot to tell you something," Sam said, glancing toward the kitchen where Molly stood making breakfast.

"About?" Molly asked, joining Sam in the living room, and eating her meal.

"Tom texted me last Saturday," Sam said. Molly choked a little on her toast. "He's coming in two days."

Molly coughed. "Why exactly is he coming?" Her voice appeared weak after the choke.

"He said, for some kind of business," Sam spoke in a mocking voice, tasting her coffee.

"Tom is a real estate agent in New York. What business can he have in Los Angeles?" Molly raised her eyebrow.

"I know he lied, and he said he wants to talk." Sam upped her eyebrows.

"Oh, I almost forgot. Your four years expired," Molly said with a nod. "What are you going to do?" she asked, her voice seeming muffled by the food she chewed.

"Honestly, I'm thinking about ending this circle we have been in," Sam said. Noticing the surprise on Molly's face. "But you know how everything changes when I see him." Sam's voice took a desperate tone.

Molly finished her food and took her dishes to the kitchen. Sam followed her with her eyes, impatiently tapping her fingers against the mug. Molly soon came back and sat down on a sofa backrest, settling her hand on Sam's shoulder.

"How did you come up with this decision?" Molly mocked her.

"It's time, it's been time to end things a long time ago." At that moment, Sam knew she made a decision about Tom.

Molly jumped through the sofa backrest, and sat down beside Sam, resting her head on Sam's shoulder.

"Is that because of a certain brown-eyed boy?" Molly lifted her green eyes, looking at Sam. Her twisted smile emerged, making Sam sigh loudly.

"I'm not sure." Sam smiled, glancing at Molly. "I don't want history to repeat itself, and I feel different about Raymond than about Brian and Jason and even Tom." She listed all her ex-boyfriends in one sentence.