10| I'm Not Okay

"It looks that way, doesn't it?" Ray said, surprised by her answer

"It looks that way, doesn't it?" Ray said, surprised by her answer. "Sam, you are a smart woman, think. Why else would he have those photos? Scott has been watching you," he concluded his thought. Scott's name sent chills down her spine.

Sam hugged herself, trying to calm down. She slightly rocked herself back and forth, a calming habit she had since childhood. Her thoughts moved fastly, and all of them remained about Scott. Why did Scott watch me? Is that why he didn't tell me where he lives? They sat in silence for a few minutes as Sam tried to find logical reasons for her findings.

She stood up and turned on the music. She calmed down slightly, hearing the familiar tune of I'm not okay, which seemed fitting since she felt obviously, not okay.

"Okay, motive," Sam said, and Ray raised his eyebrow. "There always has to be a motive, right?" Ray noted with a nod, and she continued her theory. "Maybe because of my money?" Sam raised her eyebrows slightly.

"Money?" Ray asked, confused.

"Some people could call me rich," she answered in a squeaky voice. Ray squinted his eyes. "I became wealthy recently, and Scott knows that."

"How wealthy are we talking about?" His attitude remained calm.

She paced around the living room. "Like a million wealthy," she said, furrowing her eyebrows. I hate talking about money.

"How long ago?" he asked, there were no noticeable emotions on his face.

"About five months ago," her voice came back to normal.

"Did you recognize any photos from before that time?" Ray's tone stayed severe.

She paused for a moment to think. And there were a lot of pictures. She felt unsure how many of them she didn't even see. All of them looked similar. Sam stood, remembering all the images that made her skin crawl. She sat back down beside Raymond.

"Yes, the one with Molly and me in the park, my hair was long, that happened back in September, I didn't have the money yet," she said and Ray squinted his eyes.

"You give me too little information, Sam." He looked at her with the intention on his face.

She took a deep breath. "When we met, I didn't tell you my last name, I thought it wasn't important." She glanced at him. "My surname is Morris," she said and paused, glancing toward the bookshelf. "Michael Morris was my grandfather." She noticed surprise, taking over Ray's handsome face.

"When he died back in October, he left me all his wealth," Sam continued. "That includes a few cars, some artwork, property, and a coin collection. According to the lawyer, that sums up roughly into that million I mentioned." Her cheeks felt hot. She put her hands on them, trying to cool them down.

"That's cool." He smiled. "Not that he died, but that you're his granddaughter."

"I will talk to Scott tomorrow, maybe sober, he won't be mad, like today," she said, coming back to the previously held conversation.