8| Boulevard Of Broken Dreams I

The week flew by quickly

The week flew by quickly. Sam brewed yet another cup of coffee and got ready for the club. She didn't like dance music, and the entire scene was not for her, but sometimes she would go out with Scott. That's how she repaid him for going with her, to the concerts he didn't like or, in this case, feeling guilty for leaving him at the party last weekend.

She settled her hair in a messy bun, leaving a few loose pieces in the front of her round face. The club held a unique setting rather than a party, so she dressed up a bit more than usual.

Sam desired to impress Ray clearly, that was perhaps a bigger reason for the more notable outfit. They have been texting every day since last weekend. And even though Ray wished to meet her sooner with his recording schedule, it felt impossible. She would cancel and stay at home if not for her wish to see Raymond and try to redeem herself for her best friend.

Her makeup was ready, and she stuck with her usual choice. Even after the closet clean-up, she still had a lot of clothes. So picking the right outfit wasn't easy for her. After trying a few possibilities.

She chose a black dress with suspenders and some buttons in the front, the dress bottom rested a little loose, and a strap wrapped around her waist. The dress highlighted her figure by hiding her narrow hips and making her frame almost hourglass-shaped. She paired the outfit with some jewelry: a black bracelet, and a choker with loose beads and chains.

Her phone beeped. She looked at the screen, and a bright smile crossed her lips.

"I will pick you up, be there in fifteen minutes. Should I offer Scott a ride?" He didn't ask if she wanted to drive with him. They agreed this was not a date, but she will take the ride with him, anyway.

"We agreed to meet at the club, so he doesn't need a ride, maybe ask him." She typed back in a hurry.

At that point, she didn't know where Scott lived. He moved four months ago. She wanted to throw him a housewarming party, but he declined several times. She stopped bugging him after a while. Sam tried to visit him, but he refused to give her his new address. This situation irritated Samantha, but she respected her friend's privacy.

Samantha grabbed her purse, with little skulls and studs, and put her phone in it. She cleaned her bedroom as she always did after getting ready. And soon walked to the entrance and put on the black platform shoes with straps at the top. Sam grabbed a black cardigan and left the apartment.

"Good evening, Miss Morris," an elderly neighbor greeted her.

"Good evening, Joseph," she answered with a nod. He seemed like a nice older man who reminded her of her grandfather.

She got down and walked through the front door, and there she noticed Ray. He leaned against the side doors of the car, with a phone in his hands. He lifted his eyes, looking at her. Sam realized she missed him, texting each day felt not enough. She stepped closer, glaring at him.