9| Boulevard Of Broken Dreams II

They danced for a while until Rory finished his set, and their little group went back to the table

They danced for a while until Rory finished his set, and their little group went back to the table. Sam sipped her soda and soon went to the bathroom. She finished her business and revised her lips. Fluffing her hair, she opened the bathroom door.

"Sam, why did you bring Ray here?" Scott lurked outside the bathroom, leaning against the wall.

Did he wait for me here? She stared at Scott, he seemed tipsy. She closed the door and went closer to him.

"I don't know. I thought it would be fun," she responded, flinching her shoulders.

"Are you guys like dating now?" he asked.

"No. I met Ray a week ago, when would I have time to date him?" she responded with a half-truth.

"You danced a little too close, don't you think?" Scott winced his eyebrow. His tone changed and his jaw seemed tense.

"Why do you even care? I'm single, so there is no harm in dancing with a nice guy," she said in a confident voice.

"Nice guy?" he asked, Sam responded with a nod. "You like him. Don't lie and no that gray zone shit. Tell me the truth." His tone became more hostile.

"Answer my question first. Why do you care?" she asked, prolonging her speech.

"I care about you, remember Jason, he cheated, Raymond is cut from the same cloth," he spat her past to her face. "I'm tired of you picking awful guys and then whining that your love life sucks," Scott explained.

"My question is Scott, how do you even know Ray?" Sam raised her eyebrow.

"I don't know him that well, I met him through his brother Logan," he explained.

"When did that happen?"

"I don't know a few months ago." He flinched his shoulders.

"And you just forgot to tell me you are friends with members of my favorite band?" She scoffed, staring at him.

"Don't make this about you, Sam. And don't dodge my questions," Scott said, leaning closer to her.

"Okay, I like him. And if you don't know him that well, you can't say that he is like Jason. Besides, I can make my opinion about people, Scott." Her tone remained calm and soft.

"Seriously, Sam, that guy." Scott pointed toward the tables. "And Tom? You probably end up sleeping with him anyway, so there is no reason to start something with Ray." He got even more hateful.

How the fuck did he find out about Tom? Didn't I tell him?

"What exactly do you even know about Tom and me?" She raised her voice.

"Everything here, okay?" Daisy interrupted their argument. Her eyes held wide.

"It's fine," Scott scoffed and walked off.