Bonus Chapter One| I Miss The Misery

A/N

A/N. Warning: this chapter contains maturer scenes.

A year ago.

During Spring break, Sam decided to visit her parents and sister in New York. She landed in the city early Wednesday morning, and by Friday she felt fed up with her family. But she promised her sister Alyssa to leave just after the weekend.

The apartment seemed chaotic as her mother and sister prepared for the evening, her father stayed in the study, still working on the latest best-seller book.

"Come help me with the dress," Jennifer peaked into Samantha's room. The dress sparkled in the murky corridor light, Sam left the bed and joined her mother in the doorway. "How do I look?"

The knee-high blue dress fit like a glove and stuck to Jennifer's thin figure, a subtle natural make-up adorned her face, and her short hair stayed teased at the top of her head. Her hands held stretched out to the side as she turn around, showing off her look for the party.

"Great as usual, Mom," Sam replied, going back toward the bed.

"Are you sure you don't want to join us?" Jen asked, tilting her head to the side and fixing her golden stud earrings.

"No, I have to study," Sam answered, taking a pen and book back to her hands. She sat on the bed, searching for the answer to one of the assignments she had.

"You will have time for that later, darling," Jen stepped inside the room, closer to the bed. "Everyone missed you, you barely come home and it's been a while since you went out to the public."

Sam glanced at her mother, she knew what her mother meant. Samantha never liked the New York elite parties, she used to go to them just because she had to. Her parents often forced her to go, as they say, to make connections for the future.

The atmosphere for Sam felt too strict. Jennifer always picked outfits Sam had to wear, and there was no arguing about the attire. And of course, Sam had to behave the way her parents demanded, be polite to everyone, and greet people with cheek kisses no matter who they were.

"I have a ton of work, Mom, next time I promise," she said with a light smile. That wasn't exactly true, Sam had just one assignment and she was almost finished with it.

"I will make you keep that promise," Jennifer smiled. "I will go force your dad to change the suit," she said, looking at a golden watch on her wrist. "We need to leave soon."

"Have fun at the fundraiser," Sam said, scratching her head with the pencil.

Jennifer left and Sam turned back the music, "Dreamless Parade" became her current favorite tune, and while listening to the song. She remembered the fun she and Jason had at the Echo a couple of days before she left for New York. She grabbed the phone and saw that it was almost eight p.m, she counted back the hours and realized Jason was probably at the marketing seminar.