Chapter Ninety-One: Edward's Family

Queen Isabella of Denmark 

October 20th, 1543 

I held little Henry in my arms as I stood beside Henry in the courtyard. 

Yesterday we had announced to the court we were expecting two more children in the middle of summer. And now Edward's family would be visiting us. 

His grandmother Lady Margery Seymour along with his two Uncles Sir Henry and Thomas Seymour would be coming to visit us. 

"Are you nervous?" I asked Edward as he stood beside his father. 

"Yes, I am. Why are they coming? Why are they visiting now?" He asked and I looked over at Henry who smiled at his son. 

"I do not know. Your lady grandmother wrote to me asking to see you. I agreed." 

"When was the last time Lady Seymour saw Edward?" I questioned as Edward stepped towards me and buried his face in my skirts. 

"When his mother died," Henry stated before stepping towards us. He reached for my hand and I allowed him to take it and he softly pressed a kiss to it. 

"If you wish to leave all you must do is ask and I will let you," Henry explained as his other hand cupped Edward's face.

"Yes, Your Majesty," Edward whispered as he dipped his head and laid his face on my skirt. I sighed softly before turning to Henry who shook his head. 

"I am sorry for what I said. You must understand-" He began before I cut him off. 

"I know Henry. Your health is not the same as it once was." I replied and he smiled as he leaned forward and pressed a kiss to my forehead. The doors opened and I heard the announcer call out The Seymour Family. 

Henry broke away from me and I watched as The Seymour Family walked towards the three of us and bowed as slowly as they could. 

"Your Majesties. Thank you for having us. Must I congratulate you on another pregnancy! I hear you two are expecting twins again?" Thomas stated and I nodded as I smiled. 

"Yes, it shall be our second set. Our first being Crown Princess Amelia, and Prince Christian, the Duke of York. Thank you very much." 

"Your Majesty. Thank you for allowing us to visit Edward." The eldest Henry said. I watched my husband from the corner of my eye smirk. 

"Of course. I have not heard from you since I threw John in the tower for threatening my pregnant wife." 

I smirked softly as I saw the three of them turn pale for a moment before composing themself. 

"I apologize for my son Queen Isabella. He was very close to his late sister Jane." Margery explained and I nodded. 

"I could see he was close to her. But for him to so badly threatened the Queen of Denmark and Norway, and Queen Consort of England was very foolish." I said as Edward reached up for my hand and I grabbed it rubbing the back of it. 

I saw Thomas's eyes narrow before his eyes reached mine. 

"Edward, would you like to say hello to your grandmother and Uncles?" I asked as I gently pushed him forward. He kept hold of my hand and I smiled as he faced all of them. 

"I am Edward, Prince of Wales. It is very nice to meet you all." He formally said and I saw Henry grin with pride. 

"Hello, Edward. I am your grandmother and these are your Uncles Henry and Thomas. I have waited a long time to come see you." Margery stated as she stepped closer and bent down in front of Edward. 

"Why did you wait? Uncle John stood at court and always saw me. But not you two." Edward said directing the last part to Henry and Thomas.

The other two didn't say anything and I turned to Henry who cleared his throat. 

"Edward," Henry warned and Edward stepped back to be standing directly in between Henry and me. 

"Well, I believe your nephew asked you a question." 

Henry's eyes flashed to my face as I placed my hand on my stomach. Edward leaned himself into me and I wrapped my arms around him. 

"You remind us of your mother. You have her hair as well as her eyes. But your temper and personality is all your father." Margery spat out and I gasped as I held tightly onto Edward who had tears in his eyes. 

"And having my personality is bad? Please do continue Lady Margery. You do not have your husband to protect you any longer." Henry spat and I heard Edward whimper softly. I bent down and looked at him. 

"You are alright. Do not listen to a word they are saying." 

"Why are they so mean?" He whimpered and I sighed as I looked to Edward. 

"I am waiting. Or shall I throw you into the dungeon with John as well?" 

"Do it! Send me with my boy! Send me to my death! I knew from the moment you began courting my daughter my family would go straight to hell!" Margery began as she pointed her finger at Henry. 

"I knew if Jane did not give you Edward, you would have thrown her away! Like you did poor Anne Boylen!"

"You will stop this instant!" I roared as I stood up and pushed Edward to Henry. 

"Do you understand me?! My husband, your king, has allowed you into court to visit your grandson, and instead of falling to your knees and thanking us you insult us!" I began as I stepped down until I was facing her. 

"Your daughter is not here and I grieve with you. I have lost a child myself. But if Aruthr had a child that reminded me of him I would not ignore him but I would cherish the time I can have with that child. You are all ungrateful and if I was cruel, I would send you to the dungeons. But I am not. Now all three of you will leave." I finished and they all flinched. 

"Nu! Lad mig se! Før jeg gør noget, fortryder jegs!" (Now! Leave my sight! Before I do something I might regret!) I snapped and they all fell backward before rushing out of the throne room. Once I couldn't hear their footsteps any longer I turned to my son and husband. 

"Are you two alright?" 

"Yes, mama," Edward whispered and I stepped towards him. 

"Edward do not listen to them. You are wonderful." 

"I know. But they are so cruel because my father fell in love with you. But I love you too so I do not understand." 

"You are too young to understand Edward. It is alright."