Chapter Fifty-One: Henry

King Henry VIII

March 1st, 1541

We have been in Norway, for now, a month and after the twins birthday ball we will return to England and take up court at Buckingham Palace.

Bella has finally forgiven me for saying she should be a Queen before a mother. I knew I said the wrong thing the moment her face dropped.

Bella had just finished another meeting concerning Elijah when Mary walked in holding baby Catherine.

"How is she?" I asked as I stood up from my spot and walked over to her.

"Wide awake. She woke up after Phillip left to fetch Carlos from the boats." She explained as she sat in a seat I offered and fixed the fur blanket that was Catherine's.

"How does it feel to be a mother?"

"Wonderful! I am so surprised I was able to get pregnant. I have been so sick and I feared to lose her." Mary began as her wetnurse Lady Claire came and took the baby.

"I watch her at night while she sleeps. I fear she won't wake. Is that normal?" She asked and I smiled.

"I did that with you. You were my only child to survive. I slept next to your cradle for three months. I always feared if I slept too long you would not survive. It is normal my love." I said and Mary smiled at me.

"Thank you,"

"For what?"

"Giving me the chance to be a wife and a mother. One day I shall be Queen of Spain and I have a child and it was because of you. So I thank you, Father." Mary stated but I shook my head.

"No, you should thank Bella. Bella convinced me to arrange the marriage. I fear to marry you off I would lose my own child. Do you know what Bella said to me?" I asked and Mary shook her head.

"She said 'if your parents feared to marry off any of your siblings' other countries would not have amazing monarchs. Mary must marry. She must find the love we share.'" I explained and Mary smiled.

"Isabella has always been a wonderful friend to me. But she is an amazing Queen and mother. Make sure she doesn't need to lose her head worrying about Elijah." Mary said and I nodded.

"I have tried but Elijah has threatened the children for the second time. Bella will not rest until he is caught." I said and Mary nodded as she stood up and dusted her skirts off.

"May Lord Kasper catch him before Bella does. Heaven knows what she has planned for him." She said as she dipped her head at me before walking out of the room.

I watched my daughter leave before I stood up and went in search of Bella. As I stepped out of my chambers I saw Lady Greer speaking with Lady Alyee.

"Ladies, have you seen my wife?" I asked as they bowed to me.

"She just left a meeting, Your Majesty. She went to the east tower to check on the children." Greer said before a trumpet began to play.

"What the devil is that?" I asked as guards came out of nowhere.

"A warning. Someone has breached security and is in the castle. Go! Find Bella! Make sure the children are safe!" Greer said as she reached for Aylee and they rushed off.

I drew my sword and took off towards the east tower. Maids were running everyone and I watched as the guards fought agaisnt everyone.

"Papa!" A voice cried out and I looked to see Edward holding Amelia in his arms.

"Where is Elizabeth? Christian? And Arthur?" I asked as I pressed the two of them in a small space.

"Arthur was just put down for a nap. I do not know where Lizzie is! What is happening?" He asked and I stared at him.

"Do not let anyone see you. I will come and find you! Hide with Amelia." I said as I opened the door and began walking inside.

"Bella! Bella where are you?" I asked as a door to my left opened and Bella stepped out with Elizabeth behind her.

"Henry! Where are Edward and Amelia?" She asked as she rushed into my arms.

"Hiding! Have you gotten to Arthur? Who has breached the castle?" I asked as I kissed her forehead.

"It has to be Elijah and his men. Lord Kasper sent word that he was heading her but he does not know our castle that well." She explained as she leaned into me.

"Arthur," She whispered before she pulled herself away from me and began running. Elizabeth and I were shortly after her.

"Your Majesties, Princess Elizabeth. Is something wrong?" A maid asked as she stepped towards us.

"Has anyone been in my sons' room?" Bella asked as she pointed her sword down.

"An hour ago, ma'am. A man who looks like you said he had permission to see his nephew." The maid said and Bella gasped before she shoved the young girl to the side and threw the door opened.

Standing next to Arthur's cradle was Elijah.

"He is a baby! He is my child! He has done nothing to you!" She cried out as she stepped towards him.

"Every person has a role in the war. You should be happy to know he did not suffer big sister." Elijah said and a sob tore through Bella.

"Why? What have you done to my son?" She cried out and Elijah smirked.

"Something your mother should have done the moment you were born. Denmark and Norway should have never fallen to a woman's hands." Elijah said as Bash came in and raced forward.

Bella and I both rushed to Arthur's cradle and Bella let out a blood curling scream as a gray baby faced us.

"NO!" She screamed as she went to grab him but I stopped her and pulled her close to me.

"Bella," I whispered but Bella shook her head.

"No! No, he cannot be dead! He is only two months!" She cried out as another sob tore through her chest.

"He is gone, my love. He is gone."