Chapter One Hundred and Seven: Ghost

King Henry VIII

June 1st, 1544

I sat in my chair near the fire after a long day of having a portrait painted of me with Edward. Though he still would not speak to me after divorcing Bella, I understand. 

I held my wine in hand before looking up and seeing Catherine in front of me is a long black dress with a matching black lace dress on her hand with her crown. 

"Catherine, have you come to haunt me in my final days?" I asked as I set my drink down and watched as she sat in the chair beside me. 

"I have come to see my daughter. Thanks to Her Majesty she is now the Queen of Spain, what I have always wanted for her." She said with a huge smile on her face.

"I have not seen that smile since Henry was born." I whispered and she sighed as she fixed her dress. 

"I have tried for so long to give you the boys you needed. But Bella gave you so many boys and you still threw her away." 

"Catherine, Bella is none of your concern." 

"She is my goddaughter. She shall always be my concern. I have seen her cry over you Henry and  mourn the marriage. Your longest besides mine. She shall be the only one I will accept as Queen." Catherine said before she stood up and turned to me. 

"I have always loved you Henry. But you never loved me like I loved you." She whispered before she took a step and vanished. I sighed as I stood up and drank my wine cup. I made my way towards my bedchamber.

I took my hat off and saw Anne sitting on the edge of the bed. 

"Henry." 

"You as well Anne? You I know have come to haunt me." 

"No. I've come to see my daughter. The only good in my life. But I ignored her because I so desperately wished to give you a son. Isabella, God Bless her, took Elizabeth did when no one else did." Anne said as she crossed her legs and looked at me. 

"You pushed her away Henry. When all she did was love you." 

"Like you loved me Anne? You cheated -" I began before she raised her hand. 

"All of those accusations against me were false. I thought you knew.' She whispered before looking forward. 

"Isabella will give birth the day you die." 

"Anne, you will leave those children alone." 

"Why her Henry? I did everything for you. But she was the one who gave you, your sons." 

"Anne, I do not know why." 

"Poor Bella, both her and me were drawn to you. At least she won't be burned." Anne said as she stood up and walked towards me. 

"I loved you then and I love you still. I wait for you but knowing you, you will go after that pale girl. She waits for you to be able to see her. She stays in that sick boys room. I have always said, Elizabeth will be the one to rule after you."  Anne said as she stepped to walk out the door. 

"You will rue the day you left that poor girl. She loved you." 

"Anne wait." I began as I stepped to her but she vanished. I exhaled before gathering my cloak and rushing to Edward's room. It was empty and I turned to see Jane standing there in the gown I buried her in. 

"Jane." 

"My poor boy. My poor Edward. You are too hard on him." She said as she reached  for me. 

"No, I shield him something I wish my father did to me instead of throwing me to the wolves" I snapped and she glared at me. 

"The only reason my son knows of me is because of Bella. Her Majesty kept my memory alive in him and you threw her to the side." She growled as she lifted her hand and I went flying into Edward's bed. 

"She was never you Jane." 

"Enough with that Henry. You loved her more than me. More than Catherine and more than Anne! Why do you think we are here?" 

"To haunt me and to see your children." 

"I have never known my child than when he was inside of me. He won't be king for long. Bella will be his regent and then she will be Elizabeth's. Mary, she loves you. You must make this right before you die." Jane said as she stepped towards me and stopped when she saw the blanket she made while she was pregnant. 

"My boy. My prince, I have watched him for so long. He reminds me of my mother in his own way.  He loves Bella because she came and took him as her own when she did not have to. Why did you hurt her?" 

"Because, she is to kind for me. She does not deserve to watch me die from my own stupidity. that Bash man loves her as much as I do. I sent him a letter with my blessing. To raise my children and to help Bella with her countries." I admitted as I laided on the bed. 

"Henry." Jane whispered as I felt her hand on my forehead. 

"Father? Father are you here?" I heard Elizabeth's voice cry out. 

"Papa? Papa were are you?" 

"Edward." Jane said as she turned before looking at me. 

"I shall see you soon." 

With that she vanished and in came my three eldest. 

"Papa!" Edward cried out as Elizabeth held him back.

"Someone get the physician and Queen Bella! Now!"