Chapter Fifty-Five: Back In England

Queen Isabella

March 21st, 1541

I followed Henry off of the boat as Charles and Mary were waiting for us. Amelia rested peacefully on my hip as Henry held Christian in his.

"Your Majesties. We welcome you back home." Charles said as he bowed lowly. Henry stared at him for a moment before nodding.

"Thank you Charles. Has things been well since we left for winter court?" Henry asked as our trunks were unloaded and loaded onto the carriages.

"Everything has been well. The month of mourning here in England is almost up. The stone for Prince Arthur is almost finished as well."

"Stone? What stone?" I asked and Henry shot Charles an annoyed looked.

"A stone that will be placed in the royal cemetery," Henry said and I took a deep breathe before I saw Bash taking Elizabeth and Edward to the carriages with Lady Byron.

"I am going in the carriage with the children," I whispered as I fixed Amelia and made my way towards the carriage. Bash helped me in before he got in himself and we took off to the castle.

"When can I stop wearing black?" Edward asked and Elizabeth went to hit him but I stopped her.

"Tomorrow, all of you little kiddies can go back to wearing bright colors. I personally won't." I explained before the carriage stopped and I looked up to see Buckingham Court.

The door opened and I stepped out first holding Amelia.

"Welcome back to Court, Your Majesty." A noble said and I bowed my head at him.

"Thank you, for once it feels at peace to be here. Let us pray it last." I said before Elizabeth and Edward were lead away by Lady Byron.

"Where are they going?"

"To set up their rooms, Your Majesty." Bash explained before we walked through the halls until we got to the twin's rooms. Henry was already inside laying Christian down for his nap.

"Bash, go find my ladies and make sure they are well kept in their rooms," I said and Bash nodded as he bowed to the both of us before leaving.

Once the door closed I walked over to Amelia's crib and laid her down. She whined softly and I trailed my finger down her cheek and sung softly.

"Hush lille og drøm søde drøm." (Hush little one and dream sweet dreams.) I whispered and she closed her eyes and her breathing fell slowly.

"How is it you can put them to sleep so quickly?" Henry whispered as he walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Mothers touch is what they all need," I responded as I reached up and placed my hand on his cheek.

"I apologize if I upset you mentioned Arthur's tombstone." He said but I shook my head.

"No, it's alright. At least I have something to visit once in a while." I said as I grabbed his hand. The door opened and Lola came in. She bowed to Henry and me before sitting in the rocking chair in between the two cradles.

"I was thinking of something," I said to Henry as we walked out of the twin's chambers and began making our way towards ours.

"And what is that?" He asked and I smirked at him.

"I still mourn our son and I will forever. But maybe tonight we could share the bed tonight?" I whispered and Henry stopped for a moment before smirking.

"If my memory serves me right after the twins were born and you wanted to share the bed we conceived Arthur." He said and I let out a laugh.

"If God wants us to have many children then so be it. But until then I still need you, Henry." I whispered as I trailed my hand down his shirt. He snatched my hand away once I got to his pants and I pouted.

"You are no fun, Your Majesty," I said and Henry chuckled softly and he pulled me in for a kiss.

"I will be fun tonight. But after our welcome home banquet. Are you still going to be wearing black?" He asked and I froze for a moment.

"I do not know yet, but why can we not have fun now?" I whispered and Henry chuckled.

"Let's go then."