Chapter Six: Norway

Queen Isabella 

I grinned as Elizabeth, Greer and I stepped out of the carriage and we looked up to the castle. 

"This is your castle?" Elizabeth asked and I nodded

"One of them. But this is the one for court." I explained with a smile before the trumpets played. 

"Her Majesty Queen Isabella of Denmark and Norway! Lady Elizabeth Tudor and the Duchess of Telemark!" The announcer called out and everyone bowed as we walked into the main ballroom and made our way to the throne. 

"Stand. Tonight we shall have a welcome ball for Lady Elizabeth. I warn now she will be treated liked a princess while she is here in Norway." I announced and the other lords nodded. 

"When will Her Majesty make way to Denmark?" Duke of Finnmark asked. 

"Three weeks time. I must check on both my countries." I said with a smile. 

"Of course My Queen. We will have the ball ready for five this evening." The Duke of Oslo said. 

"Good, avvist." (Dismissed) I said. All the Dukes and Lords bowed their heads before walking out of the room. I smiled before leaning back on my throne. 

"You and papa rule similar," Elizabeth said and I frowned before smiling at her. 

"Come. Let us show you your quarters." I said as I stood up. I took my cloak off and Greer took it before we began our way to the west side of the castle. 

"Greer may I asked you something?" Elizabeth asked making Greer smile. 

"Of course."

"If you are a Duchess why are you the first lady to the Queen?" Elizabeth asked as we turned the corner and smiled. 

"When I was around your age I found out my father was killed. I didn't know my mother so I was sent to this castle to work.  Six months later Isabella found me and wanted to know who I was. I explained and we became friends." Greer explained making me laugh. 

"I fought hard to make her a Duchess. No one agreed an orphan should have power." I said before we arrived at Elizabeth's quarters. Lady Bryan was standing outside. 

"Welcome, this is where you will stay for the next three weeks," I said as we stepped inside. 

"It is beautiful!" Elizabeth said as people began bringing in her trunks

"I am happy you like it. It took so much planning from Mary and me." I said and as soon as I let her sisters name drop from my mouth Elizabeth frowned. 

"Thank you, Bella, for this but I would like to relax until the feast." She said making me smile. 

"Of course. Do not forget to wear the crown I gave to you. Show these people you aren't a bastard." I stated and Elizabeth grinned at me. 

"Will you teach me how to dance?" She asked and I nodded. 

"Only if you promise me you won't feel sad for leaving England," I stated and I watched as the young princess stared at me. 

"I promise. It is just my first time leaving England and my mother is not here with me." She said and I gasped before turning to Greer who nodded. 

"Lady Bryan why don't I show you how we call servants in Norway," Greer said as she ushered the women out the room. 

"Come sit with me," I said as I pulled her towards her bed and sat down. 

"Your mother would be so proud of you. Yes, many believed she did terrible and horrible things but we cannot judge because we were not there." I began as I wiped the girl's tears away. 

"I can never replace your mother and never can any other women. But I can be there for you when you need me. I promise." I said before Elizabeth pulled me into a hug.

"I love you, Bella." She said and I laughed before hugging her back. 

"Oh, I love you too," I whispered before we pulled apart and we both wiped our tears away. 

"How did you know about my mother?" She asked making me smile. 

"Your sister. She might've hated your mother for doing what she did but she always cared about you." 

~One week earlier~

I smiled as I was led into Mary's chambers. They were smaller than Edwards but bigger than Elizabeth's which annoyed me. 

"Isabella! What brings you here?" Mary asked with a smile. 

"I'm leaving with Elizabeth to Norway and Denmark and wanted to know if there is anything I need to know about her mother," I said and I watched Mary tense. 

"Anne Boylen was a harlot." She hissed making me glare at her. 

"She is your sister's mother and was your stepmother." 

"A horrible one! That woman sent me away to work as a peasant! I lost everything because of her!" She yelled before she took a deep breath. 

"I love Elizabeth I truly do. But it was her mother who annoyed me. Her mother, Anne, was a Protestant. She loved Elizabeth more then she loved my father. She would go out in public and meet with the people so they would know their Queen." Mary said before she looked at the door. 

"Be careful when speaking to Elizabeth about her mother. Father still hates that woman." Mary said making me smile before nodding. 

"Thank you, my friend," I said before I turned and made my way to the door. 

"Take care of Elizabeth. She and Edward are like my children." Mary whispered and I smiled before walking out the door. 

~~~~~ Present time~~~~~

"I thought Mary hated my mother," Elizabeth said making me smile. 

"But she loves you! Now rest tonight we party." I said as I patted her leg before standing up. 

"Isabella." She called out making me turn to look at her. 

"Yes?" 

"I hope The King apologizes to you and marries you. You'll be a wonderful mother." She said making me smile before I bent down and kissed her forehead. 

"I'll see you later Bessie," I whispered before I turned and walked out her room and towards mine.