Chapter Twenty-Six: A Day of Happiness

Queen Isabella

I opened the curtains to let the sunshine in along with opening the window so fresh air could come in.

"Bella you should be resting." I heard Mary say as I turned and saw her and Phillip coming inside.

"I have just given birth to two children and not be in battle. I can stand and move around. I have two countries to run." I said as I went to my second window and did the same as I did for my first.

"Here let me open the other two windows," Phillip said and I nodded before going and sitting behind my desk.

"Where are the twins?" Mary asked as Greer came in and placed a pile of letters in front of me.

"They are sleeping right now in the room next to me and no you may not wake them up," I said to Mary who smiled.

"Why not, we have all the time to sleep," Mary said and I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Because I am the mother to those two children. What I say goes. No one else." I said and Phillip stared at me.

"You are not going to have a wetnurse?"

"No, I hated being with a wetnurse and with all ten of my governess. My children will not go what I went through." I said and Greer laughed.

"You had ten governesses?"

"Yes, I got all of them fired. I thought everytime my mother would finally give me attention." I said and Phillip chuckled before both and he and Mary sat on the chairs in front of my desk.

"So what can I do for you two," I asked as I set my quill down and looked at them.

"When do you plan on christening the twins?" Mary asked and Phillip glared at her.

"Well, they were born last week, April 20th, 1540. We are planning on christening them as soon as it becomes May." I said and Mary stared at me.

"I know what year is Bella." She said before I heard a cry come from the other room and I was on my feet and rushing into the babies room. I smiled when I got to Amelia's crib and picked her up.

 I smiled when I got to Amelia's crib and picked her up

"Oh shh. It's alright mummy's here." I said as I fixed her little hat.

"Come on. Your sister Mary is waiting to meet you." I said before I fixed her blanket and turned to the door and I smiled when I saw Mary already standing up.

"Oh, she is beautiful. Where's Christian?" She asked as I placed Amelia in her arms.

"Your father has him. Insisting that he already comes to meetings. Amelia is with me answering these letters and then I am going to meet with Sir Thomas Boylen." I said and Phillip raised an eyebrow.

"Anne Boylen's father?"

"I know nothing of Anne Boylen, only stories that people have told me. Know one thing about me like a Queen, Phillip. I make my own decisions on people. I have never met Anne so I know nothing about her. I do not listen to court gossip." I said and Mary rolled her eyes.