Chapter Fifty: Meetings

Queen Isabella

February 15th, 1541

I stood behind Bash as I let him lead me to the council room where the captain of my army and naval were waiting for me. Belgium was on our borders without permission and they felt like they did not need to give me an answer.

"How long have they been on the Norwegian border?"

"A week at least. They have allied with Sweden but it seems the King of Sweden did not know." I said as the doors opened and everyone jumped to their feet and bowed.

"Deres Majestet." (Your Majesty) Both Captain Thomas of my army and Captain Shepherd of my naval said. I nodded my head to both of them as I went to my seat.

"Hello, gentlemen. May I introduce Prince Sebastion, he is the captain of all of my guards." I said as I sat down and Bash sat with me.

Thomas and Shepherd nodded to Bash before they stood up.

"We have heard new from the borders," Thomas said and I nodded.

"Does it concern Elijah or Belgium?" I asked as I slid my cloak off and sat back.

"Both actually. Den bastard Elijah, he is speaking with Belgium." Shepherd said and I raised an eyebrow.

"Og hvordan har du funnet ut?" (And how did you find out?) I asked and Thomas handed me a letter.

"A letter that was meant for the Belgium king was intercepted by our spies." He said and I read over the letter rolling my eyes.

"My lovely brother wrote to the king saying he has claims to both my thrones. Does this idiot king not know Denmark belongs to women only and I was appointed Queen by the Pope himself?" I hissed as I threw the letter.

"Skal vi skrive et brev tilbake? Til den belgiske kongen?" (Shall we write a letter back? To the Belgium king?)

"Yes, tell the king my brother has no claims. Denmark has belonged only to female for the past three hundred years. I was appointed Queen of Norway by the Pope himself after the King died. If he shall challenge me I will accept a truce from France and back up their plans for war." I said and Bash stared at me.

"Bella? Do you not think you should speak to Henry?" He asked as Thomas slid the letter in front of me and I quickly sighed it.

"No, I am the Queen of Norway and Denmark. Henry is Prince Consort and only has power when I am on my deathbed." I hissed before I turned to my two captains.

"Where is Lord Kasper?" I asked and Bash rolled his eyes.

"I still do not believe a Queen should speak to a spy." He said as the doors opened as Lord Kasper stepped inside and smiled at me.

"Your Majesty, you look absolutely stunning. The last I saw you, you were about to give birth to your twins." Kasper said as I stood up and he took my hand.

"Amelia and Christian turn one very soon. I have another son Arthur who just turned two months." I said and Kasper smiled as he kissed my hand.

"King Henry is a very lucky man. I was very surprised to ask to be brought to court." He said as everyone sat down again.

"I require a favor, Kasper. I saved you all those years ago from the Pope when he wanted to hang you for killing one of his men." I began and Kasper rolled his eyes.

"Jeg var på en oppgave." (I was on an assignment) He said and I stared at him.

"We both know that is a lie. I saved you and you said you owed me. I am calling in that favor now." I said and Kasper nodded.

"I serve at the pleasure of the crown. You will is my command." He said and I smirked.

"I am very glad you said that. I need you to find my bastard brother Lord Elijah and I need you to murder him." I said and everyone stared at me.

"Kill him? Are you sure you do not want me to bring him to court for questioning?" He asked and I glared at him and stood.

"Er, jeg ikke dronning?" (Am I, not Queen?) I hissed and they all nodded.

"Bra, jeg ga deg ordre Kasper. Følg dem." (Good, I gave you orders Kasper. Follow them.) I said as they all bowed their heads.

"Bra, avvist." (Good, dismissed) I said as they all stood up and I quickly walked out of the meeting room with Bash following behind me.

"Bella! Do you not think those orders were a bit harsh?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Not at all. People think I have grown weak after marrying Henry. This will remind all of them why I am still Queen and why a man has not taken my crown." I said as I stepped into the dining hall and smiled when I saw my children.

"Mama!" Amelia cried out and I rushed forward and scooped her into my arms and held her close.

"Mamma er her og hun vil aldri forlate deg. Aldri." (Mama is here and she will never leave you. Never.)

A/N: don't hate me for the next chapter