Chapter Forty-Seven: Rest

Queen Isabella

January 14th, 1541

Eleven days have passed since Elijah invaded the castle and almost killed me in front of the kids. I have been put on bed rest and can finally walk around the castle. I told Henry we are going to finish the Winter Court in Norway.

"Elijah doesn't know that castle does he?" Elizabeth asked as she helped me pack my dresses.

"No, he does not. I have never allowed him in there." I said and she nodded.

"I'm so sorry you were there Lizzie. I did not want you, Edward, or the twins to watch that." I said and she nodded.

"I made them look away. Only I watched." She said and I smiled softly at her.

"I am truly sorry Lizzie," I said and she took a deep breath before looking at me.

"I know and it's okay to stop worrying." Lizzie said and I smiled before I reached to her and brought her into my lap and began tickling her.

"Bella!" She cried out as she started laughing. We both heard the door open and I looked to see Henry walking in with Arthur in his arms.

"Well if it isn't two of my handsome boys." I said as I lifted my arms and Henry gave me Arthur.

"Hello my sweetie. Did you sleep well?" I whispered before I looked at Henry.

"Elizabeth, Aylee is waiting for you to finish packing." He said and Elizabeth nodded before she bowed her head and walked out my room.

"Henry! She was helping, she wanted to make sure I was alright." I said but Henry glared at me.

"Bash told me what you did. You gave him Arthur, stole his sword and took off running to the children. Bella, you cannot keep putting your life in danger!" He yelled at I glared at him.

"I will do as I see fit. They are my children! And I was right when I knew someone would go after them! I protected them as a mother should do!" I yelled before Arthur began crying. I looked down at him and smiled.

"Oh, it is alright. Shh." I said before I looked up.

"Lady Byran!" I called out and the door opened and Lady Bryan stepped inside.

"Do I need to take the young prince, Your Majesty?" She asked and I nodded.

"Please. Also, make sure all his belongings along with the twins are finished packing by tomorrow." I ordered as I handed her Arthur. She bowed before walking out the door. I looked back at Henry and sighed.

"They could have watched you die." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"I know that. I did not die. I had hit my head hard and passed out. I am fine Henry." I said as I reached up and grabbed his hand and brought him towards me.

"You knew when we met I was not just a woman. I was a Queen and a solider as well." I said and Henry tangled his hands in my hair and took a deep breath.

"I know and it terrifies me knowing you will charge into battle right next to me." He said and I smirked as I leaned up and kissed him softly.

"Bella, you just finished healing from having Arthur." He said as I moved down to kiss his neck.

"We will be careful. Please, Harry." I whispered and Henry groaned before he laid me down gently on the bed. He knelt over me and smirked as he took my shawl off and threw it across the room.

"One day you will be the death of me." He said and I smirked as I brought him close to me.

"Shut up and make love to me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Two hours later ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I laid on Henry's chest and moved my fingers up and down his chest.

"Do you think they heard us?" Henry asked making me look towards the door and smiled.

"I believe so. That's why they kept everyone away." I said and Henry chuckled before pulling me close to him and hugging me.

"I love you so much, Bella. I am just so scared something is going to happen because of Elijah." He said and I nodded.

"I know my love. But nothing will happen. He has never been to court in Norway. Along with Lord Theodore whose execution was two days ago. The word has been spread. All who helps Elijah is killed." I said and Henry smirked.

"He cannot hurt us there." He said and I nodded.

"He cannot hurt us."