Chapter Fifty-Nine: Five Months Later

Queen Isabella

August 28th, 1541

I sat beside Mary as she held Catherine in her arms and bounced her softly.

"I cannot believe she is six months old," I said as Catherine waved her fat fist around.

"I know, after spending summer court in Spain it feels weird to be back in England," Mary said and I let out a laugh.

"That is how I felt when I came here from Denmark to visit you for the first time. England is so different but you grow to love it." I said as I stood up and fixed my dress.

"Father tells me you two have been trying for another child since the twin's ball. Are you ready?" Mary asked and I stood still for a moment before smiling.

"Greer is due to give birth in two months. I have grieved and grieved the death of Arthur. The twins are one year and five months now. They run around and are talking up a storm. I miss having a baby in my arms." I said and Mary smiled as she stood up and placed Catherine on her hip.

"I felt that way before I fell pregnant with Catherine. Phillip already had a son and now he has his daughter. Have you had your monthly?" Mary asked and I stared at her for a moment.

"Bella?"

"I have not had my monthly. I believe the last one was a month ago." I whispered and Mary grinned.

"Bella! You could be pregnant! You must see the physician!" She said and I felt my hands shake before she grabbed them.

"Listen to me. I will never forget when I gave birth how you prayed for me to live. You said if it was Gods will then it shall happen. If God wills it for you to be with a child then it shall be it." She whispered and I felt the tears build up.

"Mary, I cannot lose another child. It nearly killed me and your father." I said and Mary smiled.

"You are made to have children. Go and see if it is true first and then speak to His Majesty." She said and I nodded before I turned and found myself walking to the physician quarters. When I stepped inside the head physician jumped to his feet.

"Your Majesty, is everything alright?"

"Yes, I would just like you to perform a quick exam on me. I have not had my monthly in over a month and-." I began and the physician smiled at me.

"You wish to know if you are with child or not." He said and I nodded.

"It nearly killed me losing Prince Arthur. I do not know what I will do if I lose this one." I whispered and the physician smiled softly as he patted the cot.

"I have lost three sons and two daughters to sickness. You have cared for your twins along with the Prince of Wales and Princess Royal so well they have not gotten sick. You will not lose this one." He said before he began his exam.

It was silent for ten minutes before he helped me sit up.

"Good news, you are with child. Very early, only exactly one month." He said as he bowed his head.

"Thank you," I whispered before I stood up and made my way out and to Henry's office. As I walked by the guards they all bowed to me.

As I walked up to the stairs to Henry's office Charles Brandon bowed his head to me before opening the door. Henry looked up from his desk and smiled at me.

"Bella! Is it time for lunch yet?" He asked as he looked towards the clock.

"No, not yet. I just came from seeing the physician." I stated and Henry quickly stood up.

"Are you alright? Is one of the children sick?" He asked and I smiled as I shook my head.

"No, the children are alright."

I took a deep breath before stepping towards him.

"I have not had my monthly for a month. It never crossed my mind until I brought it up to Mary only moments ago." I began and Henry stared at me as the tears filled my eyes.

"Bella, are you with child?" He asked and I nodded.

"One month along. It has only been six months since Arthur passed away." I said before I began sobbing and Henry quickly pulled me into his arms.

"Oh, Bella. It is alright. Nothing will happen. Your brother and the people who helped him are gone." Henry said and I let out a laughed softly as I wiped my eyes.

"Vi ved ikke, at Henry! Vi har stadig fjender!" (We do not know that Henry! We still have enemies!)

"That might be true but Bella until I die I will protect this family. We have what we prayed for. Another child. Norway needs a Queen so let us pray it is a girl." He said and I stared at him for a moment before shaking my head.

"What if it is a boy?"

"Then it is a boy and we will proud no matter what. We will not lose this child Bella. It is a blessing." He said and I nodded as I wiped my eyes.

"It is a blessing. We have been trying for five months." I said and he laughed softly.

"When will we tell the courts?" Henry asked as he led me to his couch and sat me down.

"Not for another month or two. I could easily suffer a miscarriage." I said before a knock came to the door and in stepped Charles.

"Charles, what is it?" Henry asked and Charles looked between the two of us before sighing.

"It is Ireland, Henry. They are at our borders." He said and I looked at Henry who nodded.

"Prepare the army. We leave at dawn. And let the word spread while I am gone Bella is regent."

"Henry!" I cried out but Henry raised his hand.

"I must see what is going on. If we must fight then I need a regent." He said before he kissed me softly.

"I am going to say goodbye to the children now. I will see you before I leave." He whispered before he walked out of the room.