Chapter Thirty: King Henry VIII

Henry

Being in Norway was nowhere close to being in England. I would either need to be with Bella, Greer or that godawful Sebashtion. I didn't know the language and I was trying twice as hard to learn the language.

"Your Majesty." A voice called out and I turned to see Bash behind me.

"How may I help you, Prince?" I asked and he smiled at me.

"Queen Isabella has sent me to find you. She is intrusting everyone for the joust that will take place tomorrow before we all leave for England." He said and I nodded before following him outside to the west gardens.

I looked around for Bella before I spotted her walking through the high grass.

I stood for a moment and watched as my wife touched every single weed

I stood for a moment and watched as my wife touched every single weed. I watched as the sun hit her face and her eyes went from dark to light brown. She was as everyone would describe her, beautiful.

"Henry!" I heard her yell and I blinked before I saw her standing in front of me.

"You called for me?" I asked and she smiled before she threw herself at me and pulled me into a passionate kiss.

"I did call for you. Just so I could kiss you." She said and I laughed before pushing her hair out of her face and staring at her.

"Is there something on my face?" She asked and I shook my head.

"No, at times I just wonder how did I end up marrying you?"

"You have Mary to thank for that. From the letters, she writes she is anxiously waiting for us to return to England for the last part of planning the wedding." Bella said and I laughed.

"May I read the letter?" I asked and Bella untangled herself from me and made her way to the table where Sebastian was sitting at. She picked up the letter before bringing it over to me. I smiled at the familiar writing of Mary.

Dear Bella,

I hope my father is causing too much trouble in Norway for you. I keep saying my father only for the fact it still wonders me that you married him. How are the twins? Are they enjoying Norway and being used for politics? Are Elizabeth and Edward behaving? I remember you telling them they still had to continue on with their studies in Norway. Everything is almost ready for the wedding. My dress has been delivered from Spain and Phillips relatives come the day before the wedding.

I still haven't decided what crown to wear, I was hoping you could ask Father if he has any of momma's crowns from when she died? I want to honor her at the wedding but I am terrified of what he might say when I bring up my mother. Also, I had a dress made for Amelia so when Elizabeth walks in she can hold Amelia. A suit is being made for Christian for him to match with Edward. I shall see you all when you return.

Your most dutiful step-daughter,

Princess Mary

I folded the letter and handed it back to Bella who stared at me.

"Do you have any of my godmother's crowns?"

"I have one, her gold and black crown. I hid them all when I married Anne because Anne thought black was too sad for a crown. When we return I will have Charles get it." I said and Bella frowned before pulling me into a hug.

"Henry, what's wrong?"

"My daughters are scared to ask me of their mother."

"Henry, they are scared because of what has happened to their mothers. Give them time." She said before I heard laughter and looked up to see Elizabeth and Edward rolling down the hills.

"They will break their necks!" I said and Bella laughed as she stood up.

"Henry when was the last time you did something fun?" She asked as she began to climb the hill.

"Before I became King. Why are you letting them roll down the hill?"

"Henry when I was ten years old Bash and I went horseback riding in the mountains. My horse that was once my fathers, went crazy and I broke my wrisit. Every child has a childhood injury. Just because our children are prince or princess they will have these memories." Bella said before she pulled Edward and Elizabeth close to her.

"Mamma, stopp den!" (Momma, stop it!) Edward giggled as he tried to push Bella away.

"Did you two know your father has never rolled down a hill?"

"Is it true father?" Elizabeth asked and I rolled my eyes at Bella before nodding.

"Yes, I became King at seventeen and I stopped doing childish things," I said and Bella rolled her eyes before she picked up her skirts a bit and lay on her side.

"On three!" She said and my two children ran to lay on their sides before Bella counted down and the three of them pushed themselves down the hill. I watched as Bella let out a shriek before laughing as Edward landed on top of her.

"Papa you must!" Elizabeth said as she stood up and dusted her skirt off.

"Alright!" I yelled before I laid and pushed off. I closed my eyes as I became dizzy before landing in front of Bella.

"Now didn't you have fun?" She asked and I smiled before I tried to stand up before I fell backward.

"I did have fun. But now I am dizzy." I said and Bella rolled her eyes before she helped me up and put one arm around her shoulder.

"Come on Your Majesty. Let us go to your chambers." She said and the two children went back to Lady Bryon and Lady Ashley as they went climbing back to the top of the hill.

"I'll send for the physician to look at your head," Bella said and I shook my head before I pushed her against the nearest wall earning Bella to gasp.

"I wasn't really dizzy Bella. I just wanted to be alone with you." I whispered as I leaned down and kissed her neck.

"You should've just said that." She moaned out and I chuckled.

"Well let's get back to my chambers."