Chapter 36- The Second Jewel Part II

Wanted- The Dark Kingdom

Chapter 36- The Second Jewel Part II

A Wind from the North blows,

Bringing with it those who lie below.

With them, spreads the infection,

To what may be the darkest connection.

A crown forged from the tears of good and bad,

Will choose the king whose army stands.

The light leads and the dark follows,

To the first jewel of the girl who borrowed.

Then, the dark leads and the light follows,

To the second jewel of a man's true horror.

A king shall be crowned where the first king stepped,

Putting an end to their world's unrest.

A small fire of darkness began to burn inside of Percy, a fire that meant it won't go well for Jason. Percy smiled, giving Jason the same smile he had always had on back on the island. The smile that he knew bothered Jason. 

Percy glanced down at the two lifeless bodies before him, and looked back up at Jason, appearing unbothered from the two lifeless dark demigods by his feet, even though his heart pounded with guilt. "It's good to see you know your manners before a king, Jason. But I believe you missed the part about kneeling. And quite frankly, I'm offended." 

Percy wished he could figure out a way to get Colin to secretly sneak away. They were outnumbered, and Percy knew it. Jason and Kasdeya could clearly see it too. They all knew it. 

Jason's icy eyes flared with anger, but before he could reply, Kasdeya said, "kneel? Don't you have to be a king first?" 

"Another word from you and I'll cut out your tongue myself, it's the only justice that benefits a traitor!" Colin said, stepping forward. Percy held out an arm, and eyed Colin carefully. Colin didn't push him forward and fell back. 

Percy lazily pointed Riptide, which he had uncapped upon Jason's appearance, and said. "I don't know about you Kasdeya, but your puppet here addressed me as 'your majesty' which makes me believe his beliefs are not in order. How about you go back to your ship, sort out your differences and then come back?" 

"I'm no one's puppet, Jackson." Jason warned, his breathing now uneven from his anger. 

Oh, he was seriously angry. "Um...no, no. Let's go back to addressing me as 'your majesty', you don't want to piss me off now, right?" Percy said. Unfortunately, Percy knew where this was going, and he was only trying to delay it. 

"Erebus sent you to do his bidding, you are a puppet, Grace." Annabeth added. 

Kasdeya threw her head back and erupted with laughter. "Miss Chase, please, spare yourself the embarrassment. And what are you?" 

"Not the real embarrassment like yourself?" Annabeth replied.

Before Kasdeya could say anything, Piper stepped forward. All the weapons on Jason's side pointed at her, but she didn't care. She had to try to reason with him. "Jason, please. Think about what you're doing." Piper said, moving away from her group and towards Jason.