Chapter 33- Vulnerable

Wanted- The Dark Kingdom

Chapter 33- Vulnerable 

A wind from the North blows,

bringing with it those who lie below.

With them, spreads the infection,

to what may be the darkest connection.

A crown forged from the tears of good and bad,

will choose the king whose army stands.

The light leads and the dark follows,

to the first jewel of the girl who borrowed

Then, the dark leads and the light follows,

to the second jewel of a man's true horror

A king shall be crowned where the first king stepped,

putting an end to their world's unrest

~

Throughout the night, Percy kept going in and out of sleep. When he would sleep, he would continuously stumble from nightmare to nightmare. And when he would awake and toss and turn restlessly, a hot searing migraine would take over him.

His nightmares presented no meaning to him, but the darkness in them, that he felt creeping through his bones, taunted him endlessly. It felt like his own powers were being used against him, suffocating him from the inside.

And that, terrified him.

He would awake in the night, several times, to find scratches all over his arms. Scratches he gave himself. His nightmares were causing him to tear at his own skin, as if something yearned to come out of him. Something ancient. Something powerful.

Morning light was shining through the small round window of his cabin when he finally awakened. He instantly sat up, ignoring the pumping pain in his head, and examined his arms and bare chest. To his horror, there were now scratches across his chest too. Nothing deep or worrying, but that could only be the beginning.

Aside from the scratches and migraine, his whole body was drenched in sweat, however, he was slightly shaking. He didn't know if it was from the cool sea breeze or the chill his nightmares left him in, and he didn't care at the moment. Especially not, when he finally registered the urgent knocks on his door that must've woken him up.

"What?!" He demanded, his voice hoarse but loud.

"Your Majesty, I'm sorry to disturb you, but your presence is much needed on deck. The other guards told me we have an unexpected visitor." The guard at his door explained.

"Fine! I'll be up as soon as possible." Percy cursed under his breath as he got up and headed to his bathroom. In the nick of time, he had showered, brushed his teeth and gotten dressed.

He left his cabin, slamming the door shut behind him and made his way up to the deck.

Over a dozen guards, along with his friends, were gathered around the unexpected visitor. The guards had their weapons drawn, but his friends stood in the way.

The guards instantly noticed him, lowering their weapons and backing away to allow him to see who dared to come uninvited. His friends, their faces unreadable, stepped away too.