Chapter 27- Stories and Legends

Wanted- The Dark Kingdom

Chapter 27- Stories and Legends

A wind from the North blows,

bringing with it those who lie below.

With them, spreads the infection,

to what may be the darkest connection.

A crown forged from the tears of good and bad,

will choose the king whose army stands.

The light leads and the dark follows,

to the first jewel of the girl who borrowed

Then, the dark leads and the light follows,

to the second jewel of a man's true horror

A king shall be crowned where the first king stepped,

putting an end to their world's unrest.

The worst part of living in my tiny small cell wasn't the darkness, the thick air or the suffocation that came with it. No, it was the spiders. They filled every corner and the ceiling. I would beg that guards to do something about it, but they would only laugh and tell me to keep quiet for my own good. I wouldn't dare to tell Percy about them, as I'm probably sure he would brush me off or worse, take advantage of my fear. So I lived in silence, with the spiders. After so long, every time I spot one, I still feel panic rise up my throat. But I've become less weak around them. Some might think my fear is ridiculous or silly. But the spiders scared me because they reminded me of a time where my biggest concern was to avenge my mother. A time where Percy loved me. A time where I thought my world was breaking apart and I thought it could never get worse, but I was wrong. I was so wrong. 

Annabeth Chase's Diary, Page 445

~

Percy froze in his seat, not believing what he was hearing. "Wha-what do you mean you know where the crown and second jewel are, Chiron?"

From his jacket, Chiron pulled a small worn out notebook covered in black leather. Because of it's wrinkled old yellow pages, Percy could tell the notebook was ancient. "King Alcaeus," Chiron began, "as you already know, was a son of Hephaestus who was chosen by the crown to be the king of both the light and dark demigods. The light demigods didn't agree with that choice, so they never followed his rule. When Ioanna stole the first jewel, the white one, Alcaeus, as the stories say, became mad and shut himself from contact with the outside world and kept to himself within the walls of his palace. But only half of that is true, Percy."

Percy, intrigued to know the full story only nodded and said. "I'm listening."

"Yes, Alcaeus kept to himself in his palace. But he never went mad. He was a smart man, Percy. Yes, he was heartbroken, but he knew what this meant for his people. So he divided the dark jewel from the crown and hid each of them in different places. He left their whereabouts in this notebook, his personal journal." Chiron concluded, placing the book on the table.

"When he knew his time in the world was coming to an end, he made sure the notebook ended up in the right hands. He died pretty young for that time, but he was a good king, a young man with a huge responsibility on his shoulders." He explained, sadness lingering in his eyes.