Chapter 44- The Gods of Light

Wanted – The Dark Kingdom

Chapter 44- The Gods of Light

A Wind from the North blows,

Bringing with it those who lie below.

With them spreads the infection,

To what may be the darkest connection.

A crown forged from the tears of good and bad,

Will choose the king whose army stands.

The light leads and the dark follows,

To the first jewel of the girl who borrowed.

Then, the dark leads and the light follows,

To the second jewel of a man's true horror.

A king shall be crowned where the first king stepped,

Putting an end to their world's unrest.

A knock came behind Jason's door, causing his focus to shift away from the map of Percy's camp and castle that lay in front of him at his desk.

Jason got up and opened the door to find his older sister Thalia standing. Just from seeing the look on her face, Jason knew why she had come to talk to him.

Him and Thalia had barely spoken to each other, even when they passed each other on the ship. Jason knew Thalia was only cooperating with Erebus to see Percy dealt with. On that, they both agreed. But once Percy was defeated, Jason was sure his sister would stay true to her promise and leave. She had told him that she would leave to find the rest of the hunters of Artemis.

"How could you?" Thalia started, letting herself into the tiny cabin.

"I know you may not understand Thalia but punishing them was necessary." Jason said, closing the door and turning to face his sister.

"Necessary? How could you stand there as innocent demigods were thrown into cages filled with monsters? What is wrong with you?" Thalia yelled.

Jason hoped no one heard their argument. He didn't want Erebus to know that Thalia was questioning his actions. "Thalia, they were not innocent. They let Nico go."

"How do you know that? Maybe they didn't see him? How could you decide that for them?" She asked.

"First, lower your voice unless you want Erebus hearing about this." Jason began.

His sister straightened in shock, her eyes wide. But then her expression changed as she let out a chuckle and crossed her arms over her chest. "Are you threatening me, Jason?"

"I am not. But I'll let you know that I am willing to do whatever it takes to aid Erebus in defeating Percy." Jason explained.

She rolled her eyes, but her frustration was clear. "What is the point of defeating Percy if it means ruining yourself?"

"I am not ruining myself." Jason said, moving to sit back down at his desk. "Whether those guards had seen Nico or not doesn't matter. They failed at their jobs. And in doing so Nico had managed to slip away. Have you stopped to think about what that will cost us?"