Chapter 3- The King's Prophecy

Wanted- The Dark Kingdom

Chapter 3- A King's Prophecy

It's only been two days. And yet, it feels like a lifetime had passed. It feels like I've lived a whole life of pain, misery and suffering which ended with a slow horrible death. And in the morning, I would be reborn again, only to face the same darkness. I don't know if I could ever become comfortable in this silence that has taken over my life. The silence and loneliness may be safe, for now. But it's only temporary, I can feel it. I can feel it every time an Upper Guard stares a second too long at me and when the villains glare at me as I walk in his shadow. In their king's shadow. But it's his shadow that I fear the most. How long before he gets bored with me as his slave and decides to torment me in other ways, or worse, death. Some would call death as her only ticket to freedom and rest. But I don't want death as my only option to freedom, I didn't want it. Did I fear it? Yes. Only a wise person would admit it. There was no shame with fearing it. But I would have to find another way to live happy and free, I wasn't done with life just yet. I didn't want revenge, no matter how deep and big anger boiled within me, I didn't want it. A thirst for revenge would only make me lose sight of true freedom.

Annabeth Chase's Diary, Page 3.

~

The echo of swords clashing against each other echoed across the fighting arena in the palace. Percy jumped back, barely missing Stella's sword slicing through the air. After the War of Good and Evil, as he liked to call it, Percy recruited a couple of new Upper Guards. Only Vincent, Noah and Genevieve remained from before. But there were three new guards that managed to pass his tests. This time, Percy took recruiting them very seriously, not only did they have to show strength and ultimate power. But Percy needed smart strategists and investigators. Upper Guards who were loyal. But most importantly, friends. And he had found that.

Stella, a daughter of Morpheus-the god of sleep and dreams. Her powers had come in handy many times over the past five years. She had spied for him through his enemies' dreams. And thanks to her, many of the traitors were captured. And Stella, she was beyond skilled at swordplay, she was all what Percy needed, especially since she was a challenge to him. He would always win against her when they practiced. Hardly though. She could easily beat him, if he slipped up once. Both Stella and Percy kept moving in a circular motion in front of each other, both waiting for one of them to make a move.

Percy could see Stella growing impatient, it was his strategy against her. Despite her skills, Stella was an impatient fighter. She lunged too early, exhausting herself. Stella finally lost patience and lunged forward, where she planned to plunge her sword was predictable and Percy easily blocked it before side stepping away as Stella stumbled forward.

He laughed and twirled his sword in his hand. Stella, now on her feet, turned towards him, her warm coffee coloured eyes blazing with anger and yet, excitement. Her smile was both friendly and yet devious as she said, "are you taunting me? You know I take training with you seriously, Percy."

He rolled his eyes but with a smile. "Then fight like you take it seriously." Sure enough, that lured her in because her eyes blazed with anger as she lunged forward again, aiming to slash her katana across his knee. Despite her speed, Percy dodged it with ease and instead took an advantage to her body now close to the ground. Once out of her katana's reach he kicked her down, which sent her katana sliding across the area's floor. He finished with aiming his sword inches away from the back of her neck. "Fine." She grumbled. "You win...again."