Chapter 7- Those who dream

A wind from the North blows,

Bringing with it those who lie below.

With them, spreads the infection,

to what may be the darkest connection.

A crown forged from the tears of good and bad,

will choose the king whose army stands.

The light leads and the dark follows,

to the first jewel of the girl who borrowed

Then, the dark leads and the light follows,

to the send jewel of a man's true horror

A king shall be crowned where the first king stepped,

putting an end to their world's unrest. 

~

Percy had become y deepest fear. And yet, I still loved him the most. I feared every minute I walked or stood behind him. I feared the thought of what he could do if he decided to turn around and kill me. I don't want him to be the reason of my death. I don't want him to be the one to kill me. But as much as I fear him, there is another villain I am terrified of. Vlad. One of the Upper Guards. 

He continuously harassed me. I didn't even want to imagine what would happen if I ever stumbled across him in an empty hall or room. There would be no one there to protect me, and no one would even come for me if I screamed. 

I was also in no shape to defend myself. I was tiny and weak compared to Vlad. He towered over me, he would be above me within seconds. And even if I did go to Percy after the incident, what could he possibly do? He wouldn't care. He would probably laugh in my face and tell me to get lost. 

I try to avoid Vlad as much as I can, but fate is cruel to me. Maybe the fates do hate me because of what I had done to Percy. Hurting him unintentionally and betraying him at the end. Maybe that was why they made my life a living hell. My life had turned into Tartarus crawling up and dissolving itself into my world. And it had. Percy was Tartarus. 

Annabeth Chase's Diary Page 92. 

~

Slowly, but surely, Annabeth walked across the barely lit hall in Percy's quarters. She had just finished dusting the library  and researching the prophecy. Thankfully, this time, Maddox wasn't in the library. Annabeth had purposely left cleaning the library till midnight. But that left her exhausted, as she worked the whole day. The halls were empty, besides the guards that were posted in front of several doors. None of them acknowledged her or even looked at her, they just pretended she wasn't there. 

               Annabeth was almost out of Percy's quarters when someone grabbed her right arm from behind her and pushed her to the wall. Her head hit the wall, causing her vision to blur but once it cleared, a few seconds later, she was met face to face with Vlad. Her heart froze in her chest. Vlad, she feared him in ways unimaginable. Many of her bruises and wounds were a result of his harassments and taunting. 

               He pulled a strand of her hair behind her ear, while a smirk played on his lips. Vlad was the son of Deimos- god of terror, and he represented him in every way. He was beautiful, in a sickening way with red-black messy hair and black sunken eyes that looks like a demon's. He was deathly pale, with prominent cheekbones and a huge scar across his cheek, starting from his left ear all the way to his chin. "Well, I didn't expect to find you here at such an hour, what are you up to beautiful?" He asked, his low threatening voice causing shivers to run up and down her body.